Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I upgrade my old Dell laptop Windows 7 to Windows 10 using a purchased Windows 10 disc ? And I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Maxwell, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:42 AM.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Can I upgrade my old Dell laptop Windows 7 to Windows 10

using a purchased Windows 10 disc ? And I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 13, 2019 at 6:51 AM
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade original

2. No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Camera After Upgrading To Win 10 Pro: This is an "ever since" story. Ever since I updated to Windows 10 Pro... I have tried 3 different webcams 2 - Logitech HD Pro C920 webcams 1 - Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 and all of them either give me a black screen or my machine doesn't recognize them. So far, I've done...
  3. how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to wallmart and upgrade to the alien desktop

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to wallmart and upgrade to the alien desktop: how do i take my hp pavilion desktop back to walmart and upgrade to the alien desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-my-hp-pavilion-desktop-back-to/5327b172-f450-4d9f-a791-4eb6f8135c6b"
  4. how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience: how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-automatic-upgrades-and-upgrade/6f68a945-cd0f-4fcb-892a-b797e9894672
  5. Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation - lost after Win10 "refresh" - original Product Key was Win7, upgraded to Win10...: Hi, can you help me with this please. I am running Win10 on an old laptop, which originally came with OEM Win7, certificate of authenticity attached from when I first bought this laptop. I did a Windows "refresh" to cure problems after recent update (couldn't fix via...
  6. Activation of Windows10 after Reset - Originally upgraded from 8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of Windows10 after Reset - Originally upgraded from 8.1: I chose to reset my PC. Once it was complete I'm told that windows won't activate. I have the original Win 8.1 product key, but that doesn't work. I've tried troubleshooting with no success Any suggestions?...
  7. HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop with Intel Chip set and HP motherboard, originally had Windows 8 was upgraded to...: My niece has an HP laptop with Windows 10 upgrade on it and the intel-wiusb-driver-not-working-properly. She cannot use more than one USB device such as a music device or when she tries to download picture from her camera via a USB connection. We plugged in a USB mouse...
  8. New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    New windows open behind original active after windows 10 upgrade: I have two win 10 PC behaving the same way after downloading manually the recent complete upgrade from Microsoft. I have looked at all the info here and elsewhere and checked ForgroundLockoutTime etc. with no success. New screen just open behind. One program even flashes...
  9. Upgraded PC, GPT and Original Legacy HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded PC, GPT and Original Legacy HDD: I've just upgraded my PC to Skylake platform and found out win 10 needed to install on the HDD with GPT. now, my secondary HDD's from my older storage are still to be connected. Is it safe to just plug them in and they'll be ok. What i'm thinking is they will be...
  10. re-install w10 originally acquired via free downloaded upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-install w10 originally acquired via free downloaded upgrade: I bought a notepad programmed with W8.1, hence it came with no Windows 8.1 CDs, and I took advantage of the free download to upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to get rid of the notepad and need to wipe it clean and re-install the OS. But I've nothing for the OS. What do I do?...