Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I upgrade my old Dell laptop Windows 7 to Windows 10 using a purchased Windows 10 disc ? And I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim Maxwell, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Can I upgrade my old Dell laptop Windows 7 to Windows 10

using a purchased Windows 10 disc ? And I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

:)

Jim Maxwell, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ?

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from original windows 7 ? - Similar Threads - Upgrade original

2. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...: Hi,Long ago I purchased a Windows 7 upgrade license directly from Microsoft, and upgraded a PC. Later I built a new PC and was able to work with Microsoft to transfer the license to the new build. Over time, I was able to upgrade the license to Windows 10. That "new" build...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...: Hi,Long ago I purchased a Windows 7 upgrade license directly from Microsoft, and upgraded a PC. Later I built a new PC and was able to work with Microsoft to transfer the license to the new build. Over time, I was able to upgrade the license to Windows 10. That "new" build...
  4. Transferring Windows 10 license to newly built PC, then upgrade to Windows 11. Original...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my winnows is 11 home original come with new laptop and how to upgrade 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my winnows is 11 home original come with new laptop and how to upgrade 11 pro: and how to check my original windows key . i bought this laptop in Saudi Arabia but now i am in Sri Lanka so i did not have laptop box , user manual ....
  6. my winnows is 11 home original come with new laptop and how to upgrade 11 pro

my winnows is 11 home original come with new laptop and how to upgrade 11 pro: and how to check my original windows key . i bought this laptop in Saudi Arabia but now i am in Sri Lanka so i did not have laptop box , user manual ....
  7. I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.: I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-windows-7pro-oa-original-license-key/e1c8153d-32c9-49ee-acc5-2e3679525cb9
  8. I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.

I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST.: I am having WINDOWS 7Pro OA ORIGINAL LICENSE KEY. Can I upgrade to WINDOWS 10 on FREE OF COST. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-windows-7pro-oa-original-license-key/e1c8153d-32c9-49ee-acc5-2e3679525cb9
  9. Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.: I want to use the Original Start menu style, and I also want to revert to the old style Right click behaviour.I cant find an option for this in Settings....
  10. Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.

Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.: I want to use the Original Start menu style, and I also want to revert to the old style Right click behaviour.I cant find an option for this in Settings....