Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently upgraded my self built PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro. In doing so I now get a stuttering that stops basically everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BilsterSmalls, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

Hi there, I recently upgraded my self built PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 pro. In doing so I now get a stuttering that stops basically everything on my computer for about half a second every two seconds. I have been working on trying to fix this for the better part of two days now. If I get any audio during the stutter like a notification or if I am watching a video it will create a jarring robotic noise until the freeze stops, also if I click in this time it will act as though I have clicked twice.

The specs of my PC are:

Cpu: i5-3570K @ 3.40 GHz

Gpu: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770

16 GB of Ram

256 GB Samsung SSD for my boot drive

I have already made sure that every drive I have is up to date. My task manager tells me that my RAM and CPU are not being overloaded. I don't have a backup for my windows 7 state so I can't revert back. I have attempted to reinstall windows from the cloud and the problem has persisted.

:)

BilsterSmalls, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 caused stuttering - Similar Threads - Upgrade caused stuttering

2. Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 ?: I want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I know it is too late for free upgrade. How do I do this ? Where do I purchase ? Is there certain requirements ?...
  3. Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade From Windows 7 to 10: I have a old pc that's running Windows 7 and I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10. I used the MS creation tool and picked upgrade this pc now. It downloads fine it says installing Windows 10. But when it reboots the pc it runs into issues. It just freezes at the Windows 10...
  4. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  5. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 causing continued shut downs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 causing continued shut downs: I upgraded mu HP laptop, bought in 2016, from Windows 7 to Windows 10 after being informed by Microsoft that W 7 was no longer being supported. Since that time, and despite an expert from Microsoft helping me, my computer keeps shutting down over and over again. When this...
  6. upgrading from window 7 to 10

upgrading from window 7 to 10: after downloading windows 10, it goes to a screen that says Getting Updates and freezes at 46%. How do I fix this. I have run the troubleshooter without any fix....
  7. upgrade from windows 7 to 10

upgrade from windows 7 to 10: I purchased microsoft Windows 10 and I have Windows 7 installed on my PC. I have been unsuccessful in installing it. It keeps telling me to delete Windows Media Player and I have been unable to do that. My question is do I have to uninstall windows 7 to install windows 10,...
  8. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  9. Upgrade from windows 7 to 10

Upgrade from windows 7 to 10: Will I have to reinstall all my other programs if I upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10/8e7e80e5-f177-4523-b8d9-179fbda9b52f
  10. Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7

Upgrade to 10 from Windows 7: Upgrade continually failing. Message received 'WindowsUpdate_C1900101" "WindowsUpdate_dt000' Any ideas please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-10-from-windows-7/d38a1f64-8883-40b3-9738-fafb3e40b3c0