Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key"

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store. The installation did not complete and on-line help said I needed to apply all available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SEANOROURKE2, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key"

I purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Microsoft Store. The installation did not complete and on-line help said I needed to apply all available updates to existing Windows 10 Home edition prior to upgrade. Applied updates requiring reboot. Once re-booted, there was no way to reinitiate upgrade. There is no "Digital Key" available in the Order History and on-line support is just a series of circular suggestions essentially repeating the above. Where can I get this "Digital Key" or talk to a human?

:)

SEANOROURKE2, Aug 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and after making sure it was up to date I went to Settings/Update/Activation/Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I clicked Install on the Microsoft Store window and when done I got the following error. "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C003"

I clicked on Troubleshoot and it couldn't solve the problem and said to contact support for help which was no help as it just referenced a bunch of articles.

One thing I noticed is it shows Windows 10 Enterprise as the version. I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I didn't know there was an Enterprise version and it wasn't listed on the upgrade page.

Any suggestions?

Gary S 1964, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    How to find the product key for my Windows 10 pro

Hi,

Once you upgraded to a higher version of Windows 10, you will have a digital entitlement that let's you upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Window Pro.

Below are the scenarios and series of troubleshooting steps you can do to activate your Windows 10 Pro:

• If your new device is currently running on Windows 10 Home, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key"

Windows 10 Pro upgrade failure to send Product Key?

There is no Digital LIcense key for Pro Upgrade purchased in Store or for the free Upgrade to WIndows 10. It's a keyless activation which permanently stores your hardware signature in Microsoft Activation servers to compare whenever you reinstall.

The only key involved at all is the generic Product Key that is essentially a placeholder that points to the versions you own on that PC.

So there is NO KEY! You need to go back and run the Upgrade from your account in the Store Settings under Purchased Software to have it unlock Pro version and register the keyless Digital License.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key"

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home version; Microsoft Store Purchase "Digital Key" - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro Home

2. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  3. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  4. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  5. Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading Windows 11 Home to Pro with Windows 10 Pro Digital Key purchased from Microsoft...: I recently wiped my hard disk and installed Windows 11. It activated the default key from the motherboard to Windows 10 Home. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft website few months back. It is tied to my Microsoft account. I used to upgrade Windows 10 directly...
  6. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  7. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  8. Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key

Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key: I had a win 10 pro digital license key in my old laptop. I associated with it my online MS account. Now i bought a new laptop with win 10 Home pre-installed and after signing in with my online MS account, it shows that win10 home digital license key is linked to my MS...
  9. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key: Hello, I purchased a windows 10 pro license key and attempted to use it to upgrade windows home to pro with no success and got an error saying my product key didn't work 0x800f0805. I then tried to use the generic update key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T both while...
  10. Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...: I purchased a digital upgrade to windows 10 pro, I previously had windows 10 home. Now I have an un-activated windows 10 enterprise, and am unable to activate windows 10 pro with the activation troubleshooter. Error code 0x803F7001....