Windows 10: Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc

Discus and support Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am retiring my old laptop which has a retail version of windows 10 professional installed.I have a new surface 4 laptop with win 10 home.Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clintwagstaff, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc

I am retiring my old laptop which has a retail version of windows 10 professional installed.I have a new surface 4 laptop with win 10 home.Can I upgrade to pro by adding my old laptop product key on the Surface Laptop?

:)

clintwagstaff, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc

1. Upgrade to windows 10 professional from old pc - Similar Threads - Upgrade professional old

2. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  3. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10: Hello,I need to upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. Can I do this for free or do I need to purchase a dvd? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-window-7-professional-to-windows-10/fce60a4e-e339-4df1-8ffb-19e69637f63e
  4. Upgrade from Window 7 Professional to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional: I was sent a link from Microsoft to upgrade my Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10. The link worked just fine and now I have to activate Windows 10 and the software is asking for a product key. I do not have a product key. How do I activate Windows 10?...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10

Upgrade from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10: My computer logs in with a local account and not an online account. While I had windows 7 Professional I would login with my fingerprint. After upgrading to Windows 10, when I scan my finger, I came to know that the system do not logged in with the help of fingerprint,...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Professional: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop with Windows 10 Home as the OS. Later I bought an Upgrade from Microsoft online and it worked well. Last night, somehow, my OS crashed and I had to download the original OS (Home Edition) from Dell OS Recovery Tool. Before installing the OS...
  9. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...
  10. Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional

Questions concerning the Upgrade from Windows 7 professional to Windows 10 professional: Soon, I will have to make a decision to upgrade my Windows 7 professional operating system to Windows 10 operating system. I have been using Windows 7 professional on my current PC for several years and purchased many third party software programs that were designed for...