Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 my own user account (with admin authority) login works successfully but I have a problem with other user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveTrinidad, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

After upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 my own user account (with admin authority) login works successfully but I have a problem with other user account. When I first login on the other user account, it has started to reconfigure and it took so long then it just hang up. Any suggestions to fix from anybody please?

:)

SteveTrinidad, Mar 3, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login :(

Zakin, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

So my Father, who is by no means a moron on computers, we just reformatted his PC like two weeks ago due to just a SSD swap as well as just looking for a clean up format. Now everything is fine, working flawlessly, but he is having the strangest issue now.

On my installs of Windows 10 both on my computer as well as my brothers, we can get into windows bypassing the lock/login screen, as well as Windows will not ask us when we come out of sleep mode either.

But for some reason on his computer, when he comes out of sleep mode it still asks him to hit the sign in button, which isn't the worst thing in the world but for the life of us we can't figure out quite why that is happening. Now it gets stranger because for some reason even though he is fully protected, he goes to legitimately five different websites in his day typically I'd say. He has this second user account that's named Jacob, it's not an administrative account and it has no Users folder either. Windows doesn't actually believe it's a user as far as I can tell, or at least it's never been used.

Now I wouldn't of gone into such detail if the next thing wasn't so strange, I cannot seem to delete it, we figured deleting it would fix the issue because in older versions of Windows if you came out of sleep mode and you had more than one user account it would stick on the login page to let you choose which account, that makes sense. Except that when I try to delete this account either through Control Panel or the new Windows 10 Settings panel, when I reboot the account comes right back.

In safe mode if I delete it, it stays away, even after reboot, BUT if I reboot back into normal mode, it comes back. Super strange, it doesn't seem to be malicious at all, we've done several scans and he hasn't had a virus in probably well over a year and that was even just harmless bullshit.

Any thoughts on this one? He's already told me he doesn't mind reformatting it would just be annoying considering he actually just did it.

Zakin, Mar 3, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

95Viper, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 version 1809 issue on using other user account login - Similar Threads - Upgrade version 1809

2. how to use windows 'Other User' login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use windows 'Other User' login: Hello everyoneI have got a windows 11 home laptop is it possible to sign in with a username and password with title Other user This picture represents what I would like to use...
  3. how to use windows 'Other User' login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use windows 'Other User' login: Hello everyoneI have got a windows 11 home laptop is it possible to sign in with a username and password with title Other user This picture represents what I would like to use...
  4. other user login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    other user login issue: After resetting my surface laptop,its giving other user login error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-login-issue/bf6b832b-87b5-4b5b-adf8-6eb557760c60
  5. Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809: I'm seeing an issue on multiple computers when I upgrade to the latest Windows 10 build (1809). It's a little funky on when it shows up but it's a pretty major issue for me and I'm curious if any one else has seen it. The main issue I have is that I'm trying to use Assigned...
  6. Other issues with upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other issues with upgrade to 1809: Hi, Just a note to let someone know of some other issues with 1809 that I have not yet seen reported. My first attempt partially succeeded, but most all of my drivers were not installed when the machine booted. All attempts to install drivers resulted in a failure...
  7. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop...
  8. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with...
  9. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1809 other user