Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tried to upgrade three straight times, but it fails at 88% of Installing every time, with the "second_boot" and "migrate _data" described as why it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by timz, Jan 24, 2020.

1. timz Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10

Tried to upgrade three straight times, but it fails at 88% of Installing every time, with the "second_boot" and "migrate _data" described as why it failed! What does that mean??

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows 10

1. Upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. upgraded w10 now have lost keyboard and sound have upgraded drivers for both but still not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    upgraded w10 now have lost keyboard and sound have upgraded drivers for both but still not...: See subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-w10-now-have-lost-keyboard-and-sound-have/f171b34c-37a1-4959-bc58-3d2fb1b2faef
  3. Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win7 to Win 10 on a samsung.: Install completes to 100% and fails at last hurdle with error C1900101-20017. Lots of ideas on internet to resolve which I've done but still does not upgrade. Following updates fail KB3075226 and KB2952664. s there a magic solution I can use?...
  4. No sign-in screen background after upgrading to student version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sign-in screen background after upgrading to student version of windows 10: I get blue sign-in screen background, my lockscreen background is working as expected. I tried settings->personalization->lock screen->show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen but with no success. Please help! Edit: problem solved after restart submitted by...
  5. How to upgrade to windows 7 to windows 10?

How to upgrade to windows 7 to windows 10?: How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-to-windows-7-to-windows-10/89bb5114-8530-4cdf-8761-c0eb1124095c
  6. Upgrade to Windows 10

Upgrade to Windows 10: Can I still upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10/c02125f1-648d-4e96-b799-1175c6e2c071
  7. After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook

After Windows 10 upgrade my laptop will not retain logins for core apps like Google and Outlook: After the recent Windows 10 upgrade I was logged out of everything - Google, Outlook, Facebook etc. I logged back into all my apps and was happy. But have since found that when the laptop is turned off it loses all logins and forces me to go through logging onto all my apps...
  8. Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection Win10 to Internet with cable Ethernet after upgrade Win7 to Win10: Win7 was connected to the Internet using cable Ethernet directly to provider with help Microsoft 6to4 tunnel adapter. After upgrade Win7 to Win10 this last does't want to connect directly to the provider by cable. Please help me....
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 pro from a preinstalled W7 pro downgrade

Upgrade to Windows 10 pro from a preinstalled W7 pro downgrade: Hello. I’d appreciate some advice on the following- I’m considering purchasing a business notebook pc whose OS has been downgraded from Windows 10 pro to Windows 7 pro through the built in downgrade rights by the manufacturer machine specs include 6th gen core i5, 512gb ssd...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade 32bit to 64bit

Windows 10 upgrade 32bit to 64bit: I have downloaded the media creation tool downloading all the essential file needed to upgrade my laptop to a 64 bit OS i burned it to a disc and then boot the laptop from the disk however, eveytime i try to install the 64 bit OS it will download for a short amount of time...