Windows 10: Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!!

Discus and support Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently upgraded based on continuous, distracting, automatic messages about the upgrade. The automatic upgrade appears to have deleted ALL of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Jens, Jul 27, 2022.

1. M Jens Win User

Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!!

Recently upgraded based on continuous, distracting, automatic messages about the upgrade. The automatic upgrade appears to have deleted ALL of my photos ... thousands!!!! over 20 year. What I am to do to recover these. I can not access a directory on second drive that has backup copies. It now says I do not have access. What am I to do?????????????????????????????

:)

M Jens, Jul 27, 2022
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 27, 2022
  3. Upgrading to windows 11

I have a few questions about windows 11...

1. How many GB it is? when my pc suggested the upgrade yesterday, it said it's about 4GB just want to be sure.
    2. I'm using a windows 10 pro so if I upgrade, will it upgrade to a windows 11 pro?

UcheBulama, Jul 27, 2022
  4. dougboes Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11

I want to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have run the compatibility software and got the message that says my Windows 10 software is not compatible with upgrading to Windows 11. I'm looking for a point & click application that will make my Windows 10 OS upgradable to Windows 11 or a file that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish the upgrade to Windows 11. I expect a list of files/applications that will not run in Windows 11 because my PC is not capable of running the new applications w/o hardware upgrades.

dougboes, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

1. Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!! - Similar Threads - Upgrade PHOTOS LOST

2. Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade To Windows 11 -- ALL PHOTOS LOST!!!!: Recently upgraded based on continuous, distracting, automatic messages about the upgrade. The automatic upgrade appears to have deleted ALL of my photos ... thousands!!!! over 20 year. What I am to do to recover these. I can not access a directory on second drive that has...
  3. Upgraded to Windows 11, Lost function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11, Lost function: My bamboo ink pen worked until I upgraded to Windows 11, any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-windows-11-lost-function/cef7beb7-085a-43c4-9763-4535520e1da5
  4. Upgraded to Windows 11, Lost function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11, Lost function: My bamboo ink pen worked until I upgraded to Windows 11, any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-to-windows-11-lost-function/cef7beb7-085a-43c4-9763-4535520e1da5
  5. windows photo lost albums afe\ter upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows photo lost albums afe\ter upgrade: I have windows 10 and after a recent upgrade i am not able to retrieve the albums I personally created. The automatic albums come up fine. No photos are lost from the collection. I have deleted the windows photo program through the administrator and reloaded it and this did...
  6. Lost all photo videos .

Lost all photo videos .: want to recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-photo-videos/c75c5bf3-eedc-417d-867f-11669c174197
  7. I've lost 99 % of all my photos

I've lost 99 % of all my photos: help.. I've lost 99 % of all my photos..wen I opened windows photo app this morning a few pics left but most are just empty boxes with a cloud icon ..cant find a a way to recover them .. any ideas plz..also I have the old picasa 3 installed and all my pics have gone from...
  8. Lost all photos after reluctantly upgrading to Windows 10 after constant prompting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all photos after reluctantly upgrading to Windows 10 after constant prompting...: PLEASE HELP... After being constantly prompted to upgrade to Window 10 - I finally did back in April 2019. After the upgrade I couldn't find any of my photos or videos stored in My Photos. This is the only place I had photos and videos of my daughter from birth for the...
  9. Lost all my files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my files after upgrade: My laptop undertook an automatic upgrade yesterday and now I cannot find any of my previously saved documents and files - photos and many word document. I have tried looking in the C drive and users - all folders empty. How can I recover these many files that I thought I...
  10. lost photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost photos: how do I retrieve photos after a factory reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-photos/2e1fdf45-acdd-4217-af48-9f24a12a67f1