Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have a retail version of Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to find out if it will retain it's retail status when I upgrade to Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Schambur, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Schambur Win User

Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10

HiI have a retail version of Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to find out if it will retain it's retail status when I upgrade to Windows 11

:)

Schambur, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade retail version

2. The retail version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The retail version of Windows 11: Hi. Please tell me when will the retail version of Windows 11 start selling in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-retail-version-of-windows-11/37ff271a-b6ef-416f-a158-38350c12bde8
  3. The retail version of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The retail version of Windows 11: Hi. Please tell me when will the retail version of Windows 11 start selling in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-retail-version-of-windows-11/37ff271a-b6ef-416f-a158-38350c12bde8
  4. Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 from retail version of Windows 10: HiI have a retail version of Windows 10 Home and I'm trying to find out if it will retain it's retail status when I upgrade to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-11-from-retail-version-of/e633f79a-6916-41ab-b266-69f403ae9bce
  5. BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER: I bought a full copy of Windows 10 Pro from newegg, not an OEM copy. After trying to tech the new build for 3 weekends, thinking it was a bad CPU or memory stick, I took it to the local repair shop. He tried to install from the USB and got the same blue screen I was getting...
  6. Windows 10 Retail Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Version: Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?...
  7. windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer

windows 10 free upgradation from windows 8.1 retail version transfer: I bought my Hp pavilion laptop in 2014 with Dos system and install windows 8.1 single language home version with key, presently I bought a desktop and want to install that setup in my new system. Can it be done and if so what is the procedure? Please, guide me as early as...
  8. Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?

Windows 10 Upgraded to Retail?: I bought an 8.1 Home from WalMart so it's a retail package. Upgraded and loving it. However I am curious if I was to go back to Linux and virtualize windows 10 how would that work? I don't want to go through a whole reinstall process if it won't work and I'd have to go back...
  9. Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??: I put this question to Microsoft this week by email: Good morning This complaint pertains to the upgrade options from a full retail version of Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. According to the EULA: “4. Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you...
  10. windows 10 retail version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 retail version: hi, please can some one help me i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i purchased at a pc store its still unopened . the question i have is its been on my shelf about a year, will i still be able to use it at some point? thank you, *Smile 94340