Windows 10: Upgrade to Windows Pro

Discus and support Upgrade to Windows Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded to windows pro on my surface pro 7, but due to some guarantee issue the system was replaced and the new one I got is Home. how can I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BipinTavarool, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Upgrade to Windows Pro

I upgraded to windows pro on my surface pro 7, but due to some guarantee issue the system was replaced and the new one I got is Home. how can I get the purchased windows pro product key.

:)

BipinTavarool, Mar 21, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Upgrade to Windows Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

This is what I used

"

Follow these steps to upgrade from Windows 10 Home if you have a Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & security
      > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter this 25-character default product key:

VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

Important

This default product key will upgrade your device to Windows 10 Pro, but won't activate it.

• Select Next to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • After your device is upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, you'll need to activate Windows. Select the Start button, then select
      Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Change product key, and then enter your 25-character Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Pro Pack, Windows 8.1 Pro, or Windows 8.1 Pro Pack product key.
    • Select Next to activate Windows 10 Pro.
    "

GrahameBarclay, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade to Windows Pro

1. Upgrade to Windows Pro - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro

2. Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Monitor shows no signal after windows 10 pro Upgrade: Hello everyone, I got a kinda weird problem. I have been using this desktop computer for more than 2 years without issue. It came preinstalled with Windows 10 home. Recently, I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from windows 10 home. The upgrade went well until the...
  3. Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview: Hey everyone, Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade. My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded from Win8.1 with the free Win10 upgrade as soon as they were available a few years ago. Anyways, I wanted to upgrade to a...
  4. Error 0x80070057 - Activation/upgrading W10 Pro from W10 Home

Error 0x80070057 - Activation/upgrading W10 Pro from W10 Home: Hi, I get an error when i key in my W10 Pro key in the 'change product key' option in 'Activation' in setting. The error is attached: [img] I have tried: - Ensuring my internet is working (reconnecting etc) - Tried multiple times (after restarts etc) - Ensure PC is fully...
  5. Upgrading Win 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading Win 10 Home to Pro: I am attempting to upgrade my new PC from Win 10 Home to Pro using a Win 8 Pro key. My old Win 10 laptop screen broke which I had used the Win 8 Pro key to upgrade in the past. I bought a new PC and am trying to upgrade from 10 Home to Pro with the same 8 Pro key. I was...
  6. upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?

upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?: Win7 to win10 upgrades are still free right now. if you buy a laptop that comes with w10home with an embedded key uefi then you reformat and transfer a win7pro license/install, upgrade to win10pro for free will win10pro get activated? or will it try to read the embedded...
  7. WINDOWS 10 PRO UPGRADE

WINDOWS 10 PRO UPGRADE: I purchased Windows 10 Pro and began the install last night and it is STILL not loading correctly! I hit cancel now it is stuck on "SETUP IS CLEANING UP BEFORE IT CLOSES". What is the issue? I paid $199.00 for this program upgrade and did not think it would be an issue!...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise: Yesterday I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store upgrading from Windows 10 S & received confirmation email showing that is what I purchased. My laptop now shows I have Windows 10 Enterprise & is telling me it is not activated. When I run the...
  9. Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version

Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro Full Version: I have a desktop compatible with Windows 10 but with Windows 7. I use Firefox as my primary browser. Sod I need to save any Firefox Apps to another backup source before starting Windows 10 Pro full Version upgrade? Thanks...
  10. Can't upgrade my new laptop with my existing Windows 10 Pro licence key.

Can't upgrade my new laptop with my existing Windows 10 Pro licence key.: Good day, Tried to Activate my existing Windows 10 Pro license on my new HP laptop, but the activation process says that it "can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital licence or product key. If you think you do have a product key, select...