Windows 10: Upgrade towindows 10 error

Discus and support Upgrade towindows 10 error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running windows 7 and trying to upgrade to 10. The installation goes fine until it updates files online. It comes up with a failed installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul Hambly, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Upgrade towindows 10 error

I am running windows 7 and trying to upgrade to 10.

The installation goes fine until it updates files online. It comes up with a failed installation with error code 0x80070570-0x2000C.

One hint in support suggested running windows update troubleshooter. I did and got 2 errors that couldn't be fixed.

1. Service registration is missing or corrupt.

2. Windows update error 0x80080005

If anyone can helpI would appreciate it.

Thank You

Paul

:)

Paul Hambly, Mar 18, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro was aborted

Hi E.S. Bustillo,

Errors when trying to upgrade Windows are usually occurring due to some damaged system files or broken Windows Update components. To address this concern, we suggest that you follow steps provided in these links:

If additional help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Upgrade towindows 10 error

Issues upgrading to Windows 10. Error: 1900208.

Hi,

The error 0xc1900208 occurs if there are applications installed that are not compatible with the system. This restricts the system to process the upgrade. We would like to know which version of Windows are you currently using.

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to check for the applications that you might need to uninstall:

• Press and hold the Windows logo on your keyboard together with the letter R.
    • The Run command box will open, type appwiz.cpl on its search bar then click
      Ok.
    • A window with the list of programs that you have should appear, look for the applications that you need to uninstall.
    • Right-click on it and click Uninstall.

If the applications are not on the list, we recommend following the steps provided on this article:
    Get help with Windows 10 upgrade and installation errors. It has troubleshooting steps that can
    help in fixing the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade towindows 10 error

1. Upgrade towindows 10 error - Similar Threads - Upgrade towindows error

2. can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ?: can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-7-windows-laptop-towindows-81/9861ac51-ea1d-40c6-8527-50a6bbddbf0c
  3. can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ?: can I upgrade my 7 windows laptop towindows 8.1 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-7-windows-laptop-towindows-81/9861ac51-ea1d-40c6-8527-50a6bbddbf0c
  4. downgrade from windows 10 pro towindows 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downgrade from windows 10 pro towindows 10 home: Can someone pls help me with the guidelines of the downgrade from windows 10 pro to windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-towindows-10-home/430551d4-d3f7-4c0d-9582-aa8cbb61512d
  5. windows 10 upgrade errors

windows 10 upgrade errors: when upgrading windows 7 to windows 10, I cannot update KB4474419 to complete installation, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-errors/4d16f9e5-2a95-4728-9cf9-3155cd150a01
  6. Windows 10 upgrade error

Windows 10 upgrade error: This happens by some of my apps e.g. OneNote, Microsoft Store. When I open them it says that an upgrade is in progress, I need to try to open it later. This always happens everytime for about 3 days now when I want to open OneNote or Microsoft Store and some others. Could...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade error: Trying to do an upgrade from 7 to 10 on a custom PC and keep getting this message. "This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC requires the latest update of setup. Please check your internet connection, restart setup and be sure to choose 'Get updates'". I've checked...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade errors

Windows 10 upgrade errors: I'm trying to update my PC from Windows 7 to 10. I use the media creation tool and the update will proceed roughly half-way before it rolls back and i get the following error message: 0x800707E7 - 0x3000D "The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error...
  9. Error upgrading to Windows 10

Error upgrading to Windows 10: I'm having issues upgrading windows 10 pro from windows 7 using the usb drive that came with windows 10 pro. How do i get past the compatibility error screen? ***Modified title from: upgrading to windows 10***...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Error

Windows 10 Upgrade Error: I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 (pro x64) on a spare laptop of mine a while back. I thought of upgrading it to windows 10 (pro x64). When I try to upgrade everything goes smoothly until the screen where there is a big dial in the center. It goes to about 35% and the...