Windows 10: Upgrade USB

Discus and support Upgrade USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to win 10 while on line. Is the USB that was made during the upgrade considered a "restore" devise or should I make a backup. Thanks Ed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardGilmore2, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Upgrade USB

I upgraded to win 10 while on line. Is the USB that was made during the upgrade considered a "restore" devise or should I make a backup. Thanks Ed

:)

EdwardGilmore2, Jan 21, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 21, 2020
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Upgrade USB

USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Upgrade USB nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade USB

1. Upgrade USB - Similar Threads - Upgrade USB

2. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  3. Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 / USB Installer / Upgrade wont work: My computer has been stuck on "Undoing changes from update" for a week now, ive decided to reinstall windows as that was the only way to get out from what i read.I downloaded the windows installer to a USB drive and i booted into it from my computers boot menu.The problem i...
  4. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  5. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  6. After upgrade to Windows 11 I cannot access any of my USB Sticks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11 I cannot access any of my USB Sticks.: I recently upgraded my desktop computers 2 to Windows 11. Since doing this I cannot use any of my Usb flash drives. It tells me they need formatting. There are items on the USB sticks with my work on them. I have four USB Sticks all with the same problem.. I have tried every...
  7. After upgrade to Windows 11 I cannot access any of my USB Sticks.

After upgrade to Windows 11 I cannot access any of my USB Sticks.: I recently upgraded my desktop computers 2 to Windows 11. Since doing this I cannot use any of my Usb flash drives. It tells me they need formatting. There are items on the USB sticks with my work on them. I have four USB Sticks all with the same problem.. I have tried every...
  8. USB-C 3.1 port data transfer not working after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C 3.1 port data transfer not working after Windows 11 upgrade: I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 after holding off for a while. Since upgrading, one of my USB-C ports USB 3.1 doesn't work properly. It gives power to the connected device, but doesn't recognise the device when it's connected for example when an external SSD or...
  9. USB-C 3.1 port data transfer not working after Windows 11 upgrade

USB-C 3.1 port data transfer not working after Windows 11 upgrade: I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 11 after holding off for a while. Since upgrading, one of my USB-C ports USB 3.1 doesn't work properly. It gives power to the connected device, but doesn't recognise the device when it's connected for example when an external SSD or...
  10. Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded an PC, now unable to install windows from USB.: Hello, I just recently updated a PC build for my GF since she wanted to ditch console gaming. we only upgraded the GPU and the SSD up to a m.2 Drive in my old system for her. Everything boots up nicely but we are unable to install Windows it goes to "Windows failed to start....