Windows 10: upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window

Discus and support upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i have a question, im current going to change my video card from a GeForce 8400 GS to a GeForce GT 710, so i can play bluray video, as right now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dirtfarmer(2), Oct 1, 2018.

1. upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window

i have a question, im current going to change my video card from a GeForce 8400 GS to a GeForce GT 710, so i can play bluray video, as right now im not HDCP. supported also im thinking of wipe clean my computer from window 10 pro 32 bit and going to a 64 bit

my question, would either of them cause me a problem with my window 10 activation key, cause me not to get window 10 to load

:)

dirtfarmer(2), Oct 1, 2018

2. Installing 64 bit over 32 bit WIndows 7

Get all your 64 bit drivers first, Motherboard from Maker or AMD/Intel/Broadcom/Realtek

Video card driver

Sound card Driver

Format and completely wipe your OS drive.

Install Windows then install your Lan driver only.

Update windows excluding drivers

Install Drivers.

Install Programs...

eidairaman1, Oct 1, 2018
  3. kithylin Win User
    ATITool in windows 7 64-bit?

I don't know if this is the correct place, but it looks right, so.. we'll see.

I'm using windows 7 64-bit, and i've attempted to install the latest version of ATITool, version 0.26 and i got the warning while installing to accept or deny the 64-bit driver, i clicked yes, install it, then attempted to load ATITool and it comes up with "Kernel mode driver is not loaded"

Under device manager, the "ATITool Driver" has a /!\ by it, and properties page comes up with:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Regardless, ATITool appears to not let us control our video cards under 7 64-bit.

Can someone please reply as to how to get this to work? And yes, before you suggest it, I have rebooted, hit F8, and told it to "Disable driver signature enforcement" and it still will not load correctly.

My version of windows: Build 7229.winmain.090604-1901

I know 7 isn't mainstream yet, and my version is only RC2, but I think now would be a good time to address these issues before 7 is more common in a few months.

Additionally, can anyone else on these forums suggest a video card tool that will allow me direct control of the clock speeds for an nVidia GTs-250 under windows 7 64-bit? Rivatuner has nothing either *Frown upgrade video  card and installing  64 bit  ver of window :(

kithylin, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Ravenas Win User

upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window

My video card problems....

I'm trying to install my video card drivers that it came with on vista ultimate 64-bit and windows gives me a message saying that i dont have a xfx video card installed and won't install the drivers? What's the problem here? system specs listed in drop down menu. Please help =(

Ravenas, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window

1. upgrade video card and installing 64 bit ver of window - Similar Threads - upgrade video card

2. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..: I need your help! I'm upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. x64-based processor. the reason why im making this because i'm gonna upgrade my 2gb ram to 8gb ram can it run windows 10 64 bit cuz i'm using really old computer here's the specs: PentiumR Dual-Core CPU...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..: I need your help! I'm upgrading Windows 10 32 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. x64-based processor. the reason why im making this because i'm gonna upgrade my 2gb ram to 8gb ram can it run windows 10 64 bit cuz i'm using really old computer here's the specs: PentiumR Dual-Core CPU...
  4. Upgrading to Windows 32 bit to Windows 64 bit..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  6. 64 bit installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit installation: Can i Install 64 Bit os on windows 7 with core2 duo processor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-installation/f0a3b94c-21fc-4ea0-9dfa-371931309767
  7. Upgrade to 64 bit

Upgrade to 64 bit: IS THERE A WAY TO UPGRADE 64 BIT WITHOUT NO LOSING DATA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-64-bit/6e6434b8-2747-40d9-a0c1-c7a24feef665
  8. 64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer

64 bit won't install on a 64 bit processer: I bought a windows kit from Amazon, came in a box with a usb drive. I just built my 1st pc my processer in an AMD Rayzen 5 3600x it is for sure 64 bit based. I went to install Windows home 64 bit but it gave me a message saying it failed to install so i installed the 32 bit....
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit video card error after upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit video card error after upgrade: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). In one computer there was a GEforce 9800 GT video adaptor. After the upgrade I saw Video Error messages. I reloaded the video drivers from the official website and the...
  10. Sound card not seen in 32 bit upgrade, seen in 64 bit clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card not seen in 32 bit upgrade, seen in 64 bit clean install: Hi, after I upgraded from Win 8.1, 1. Ashampoo programs would not find my (Conexant SmartAudio 221) sound card - Ashampoo looking into this promising a fix after diagnostics - but for weeks now. 2. Audacity would not run beyond v 2.03 (which is reported by others on their...