Windows 10: Upgrade win 10 again

Discus and support Upgrade win 10 again in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Recently made another try to upgrade my system with upgrade assistant, the download was slow but finished, then started the update, suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Motim, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Motim Win User

Upgrade win 10 again

Hello,
    Recently made another try to upgrade my system with upgrade assistant, the download was slow but finished, then started the update, suddenly stopped and got this "Something went wrongerror 0x80070652", ran ant troubleshooter but it could not find anything.
    Previously also used the creation tool for same mission but no luck.
    Some help will do.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Jul 27, 2017

2. why is win 10 trying to upgrade to win 10

How to stop win 10 upgrade. I have been running win 10 for 2 years. They somehow downloaded the win 10 upgrade again.

stephenpetri, Jul 27, 2017
  3. ihventura Win User
    Hp Envy + Win 10 -does not wake from sleep mode

did you upgrade to win 10 from win 8?

I went back to 8, then upgraded to 10 AGAIN and that fixed it

ihventura, Jul 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Upgrade win 10 again

Windows 1511 is the oldest version of windows 10.
    Had you tried to upgrade to windows 1607?
    If you did try was there an error code?
    What happened during the first time you had attempted to upgrade to windows 1703?

Check to see whether you use a metered connection.
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

3) chkdsk /scan

4) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

5) msconfig (in the pop up system configuration > move the dot from normal startup to selective startup > uncheck load startup items > click service tab > in left lower corner check hide all Microsoft services > in the lower right side click disable all > click apply or ok > do not reboot)

6) taskmgr (in the pop up task manager > click on the start up tab > click on status so that the column sorts with enable rising to the top > right click on each row with enable and change to disable)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...oot-in-windows

How to perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

7) shutdown /r (you will reboot the computer so that it is in clean boot)

8) Evaluate the performance on your computer in clean boot during typical use.
    Are the boots faster or slower?
    Are the shutdowns faster or slower?
    How has the audio and video performance changed? Is it better, worse, or the same?
    Continue using clean boot indefinitely to monitor performance.

9) Uninstall AVG using control panel
    10) Uninstall AVG using the AVG uninstall tool: How to uninstall AVG software | AVG Support
    11) turn on Windows defender
    12) if you are using any other malware software please indicate in the thread and please uninstall it using the applicable uninstall tool.

What hardware is attached to your computer other than mouse and keyboard?

zbook, Jul 27, 2017
  5. AddRAM Win User
    You sure seem to be having some major problems, I updated mine the normal way last night and it was done in about 30 minutes.

But my provider is Verizon and I get 90 Mbps download speeds, what is yours ?

Have you tried the normal method yet ? Windows update ?

You are so far behind, I think I already told you that, have you run the upgrade advisor ?

AddRAM, Jul 27, 2017
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer, here is my report:I know my 1511 system is old, and I have tried several times to upgradethe system by normal upgates, by using an Iso file created with the tool,by using the upgrade assistant, and by using the creation tool to make a direct upgrade.Before starting any update / upgrade, disabled in "Task mgr" programs in the startup list.Startup changed from normal to selectiveAVG long gone, no any other AV, only win defender updated, and malware software only from MS "Windows-KB890830-V5.50.exe"My scanner is disconnected, only keyboard, mouse and displayIn all attempts download was finished, verified, and update started, there were some restarts, at one point it stuck, left it for whole night - no progress, had to restart manually, it said reverting to previous system.Last attrmpt yesterday with upgrade assistant, download was good on the second time (my speed is 40 Mb/s), then it started to update when got this error "Something went wrongerror 0x80070652"Ran recomended checks, here are the results:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586](c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.10586.0Image Version: 10.0.10586.0[==========================100.0%==========================]The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is System.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 268800 file records processed. File verification completed. 7922 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 326900 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 29051 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 41886912 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 209150975 KB total disk space. 33767380 KB in 120985 files. 98652 KB in 29052 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 387099 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 174897844 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 52287743 total allocation units on disk. 43724461 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>End of my report.Thanks for the answer

Motim, Jul 28, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Have you considered a clean format install with Media Creation Tool?

swarfega, Jul 28, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Upgrade win 10 again

Second oldest actually - 1507 is oldest.

cereberus, Jul 28, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    zbook should have said 'oldest supported version'...

10. DJDavid Win User
    The 1703 version of windows 10 has downloaded and installed three times now, all with the same results:
    1) SBAVMON.dll is missing, tries to load over and over. I know the fix for this and applied it. Problem solved.
    2) My computer loses all BlueTooth capability / function. I was able to figure this one out as well.
    3) Audio / audio player function is erratic. It comes and goes. Same with video players.

I do NOT want this very poorly thought-out OS on my system -- my current version of 10 is/was working just fine. (I used recovery to roll it back.) I want to know if there is a way to STOP Windows update entirely, until such time as MS debugs 1703. Any help here is greatly appreciated!

DJDavid, Jul 28, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    You could do this, every 7 days.

Upgrade win 10 again [​IMG]

Or disable Windows Update service (not recommended)

EDIT: Since SBAVMON.dll is part of a 3rd party application, it would be difficult to say 100% for sure that this is a MS bug.

There was a problem starting sbavmon.dll - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Jul 28, 2017
  12. DJDavid Win User
    There should be a screenshot attached -- not sure if I did that right. My Advanced Options window looks somewhat different.

I tried disabling update in services.msc, but it still tries to update.
    I think the .dll problem was caused by a Creative product but, again, I figured out how to move/replace
    the "missing" file. The BlueTooth problem was easier to fix once I figured out where to look.

And with those two problems aside, I still ended up with multiple audio/video mishaps. I use the machine primarily for audio, so this would be a major problem for me. Hopefully, we will all be notified when a stable version of this upgrade is available.

And thank you for not leading off with "....you're the only one having these problems." I truly appreciate that very much. I always do a 'net search to see if I'm the "only one", and I almost never am!

Thanks again for your time.

DJDavid, Jul 28, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Upgrade win 10 again

This is information and troubleshooting steps for 0x80070652
    Error 0x80070652 when installing Windows Update
    Please post the failed updates with error codes into the thread.

Open administrative power shell and type or copy and paste this command: Get-WindowsUpdateLog
    It will take approximately 5 minutes generating data within power shell. Then there will be a text document on the desktop.
    Use one drive or drop box to post a share link in the thread.

Also post the cbs.log: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
    This log can get very large and then it is difficult to process.
    So find the cbs log now and change it to cbs.log old
    Then perform windows updates in clean boot with all hardware detached.
    Then post the new cbs.log into the thread.

Then perform an in place upgrade repair using windows 10 iso. And if that fails post any error codes and the cbs.log
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If both fail there should be just one cbs log but there was one with the failed windows updates, and then the updated cbs log with the failed in place upgrade repair.

If the in place upgrade fails then open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste: C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

This command will generate hidden files.
    When using file explorer: click on this PC > local disk C > menu click on view > check/un-check hidden items to view these files:

setuperr.logsetupact.log

Then using administrative command prompt type or copy and paste:
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback
    Using file explorer to find hidden files see if you can find any of these and post share links into the thread:
    Rollback*.evtx
    setupmem.dmp
    setupapi\setupapi.dev.log
    BlueBox.log

zbook, Jul 29, 2017
  14. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for your detailed answer.
    Since that failed attempts to upgrade the system, I have not yet made another try as I had to use my macrium image to restore the system. However I did collect some of the reports / logs and saved them into a zip file to make it small.
    So I attach the file here with hope it will enlight what is the problem of that failed updates and black screens.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

PS.
    Very sorry, but I attached the wrong zip file, here is the updated file, my apologizes please.

Motim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade win 10 again

1. Upgrade win 10 again - Similar Threads - Upgrade again

2. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...
  3. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...
  4. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed: Hi,We have upgraded all our clients to win 11 using Intune feature update policy.We have few clients that are failing to upgrade to windows 11. After troubleshooting, we have removed the drivers that are blocking OS upgrade. Now the problem is windows 11 upgrade is not...
  5. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed: Hi,We have upgraded all our clients to win 11 using Intune feature update policy.We have few clients that are failing to upgrade to windows 11. After troubleshooting, we have removed the drivers that are blocking OS upgrade. Now the problem is windows 11 upgrade is not...
  6. windows 11 upgrade doesn't show up again once it is failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Upgrading to Windows 11 version 22H2, this update cannot be installed, please try again...

Upgrading to Windows 11 version 22H2, this update cannot be installed, please try again...: setuperr.log2023-12-26 10:44:24, Error CONX Appraiser: ERROR,SdbpGetManifestedMergeStubAlloc,1027,SdbpGetMergeSdbsDisabled failed [c0000034] 2023-12-26 10:44:28, Error CONX Appraiser: ERROR,SdbpGetManifestedMergeStubAlloc,1027,SdbpGetMergeSdbsDisabled failed [c0000034]...
  8. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  9. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again

How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again: Hello, I was using Windows 11 on my PC but wanted to try out Linux for a time. Decided it wasn't for me and went to go back to Windows, reenabled secure boot and tpm but because secure boot isn't being recognized as enabled I cannot go back to windows 11 I had to flash...
  10. How to get windows 10 to recognize secure boot is enabled to upgrade to win 11 again