Windows 10: Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

Discus and support Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a HP Laptop that had an activated Win 10 Home (1809). Today I went via the upgrade process and purchased a Pro license. It seemed to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobertCopelan, May 12, 2019.

1. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

I have a HP Laptop that had an activated Win 10 Home (1809). Today I went via the upgrade process and purchased a Pro license. It seemed to install ok but now the system says it has Windows Enterprise (not Pro) and it isn't activated. In the Activation panel there is error code 0x803F7001. I do have the Store invoice that shows it was purchased but no License Key is shown. Pointers to what I should do to solve this would be appreciated. Tnx

:)

RobertCopelan, May 12, 2019

2. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with a digital Licence. The in structions say

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

Fine, but how do I get a digital Licence for Win 10 PRo??

Going to Microsoft Store via the upgrade with digital licence link, provides no opton for upgrading.

Any solution??

JohnStorey11, May 12, 2019
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have only a digital licence for Win 10 Home.

Microsoft say

To upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings >
    Update & security > Activation.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home is currently activated on your device, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.

• If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

There appears to be no way to purchase or obtain a DIGITAL licence from Microsoft - only a product with a licence.

So how can I obtain a DIGITAL licence?

that is the question ( thanks to Shakespaear)

I don't appear to have a digital Pro licence, otherwise I would expect it to appear on my MS Account. It is exceedingly frustrating, but I suppose that it is all part of the fun.

JohnStorey11, May 12, 2019
  4. RobCoxXA Win User

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated

1. Upgrade Win 10 Home to Pro via the Store. Not activated - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Issue on upgrading windows 10 home to pro via microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Issue on upgrading windows 10 home to pro via microsoft store: Hello community,I just tried to upgrade my windows 10 Home single language edition to windows 10 pro via microsoft store. I clicked on Install button and the installation was loading to like above 75% and suddenly it showed me error code something but i forget to note that...
  3. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro via Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro via Microsoft Store: I an activated Windows 10 Home machine and I decided to do the upgrade to Pro. Using the upgrade process via the Microsoft Store, I selected the Pro version instead of the Workstation alternative.After clicking the Install button for the Windows 10 Pro upgrade, the...
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade from home... Via Microsoft Store: I downloaded Win 10 pro from Microsoft Store ... Got help to instore.... But day or so after I lost a drive and must have put my computer back to Windows Home..... How can I get back to Windows 10 Pro.......
  5. Upgraded via store from windows 10 home to pro and cant activate

Upgraded via store from windows 10 home to pro and cant activate: Right i decided to upgrade my Dell Xps laptop from home to pro via the store which didn't take long at all. After reboot if i go to activation it now shows as enterprise and not activated. The troubleshoot box says it cant find a internet connection. Also I've looked at...
  6. Activation problem after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro (via Microsoft Store)

Activation problem after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro (via Microsoft Store): I bought a Lenovo laptop 1.5 years ago with Windows 10 Home. Today I bought a Pro upgrade through the Microsoft Store. The purchase was successfull, and I pressed "Install". After the installation and reboot, the Settings / Activation shows "Windows 10 Enterprise" and...
  7. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate: Hello, I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but still cannot...
  8. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade via store

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade via store: Hi, I recently purchased a Dell Spectre 360 which came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted to use this for work so upgraded it through the windows store to Windows 10 Pro. However, ever since upgrading I have the Activate Windows message on bottom right hand corner of my...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade via Windows Store Not Activating

Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade via Windows Store Not Activating: Hi, I purchased the upgrade for Windows Pro in the Windows Store for $99. The system reset and did it's thing, all is well. However, the product is not activated. A "Activate Windows" watermark is displayed on the screen. In Settings > Activation there is a message in...
  10. Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation

Win 10 upgrade from Home to Pro broke activation: Hi, I bought windows 10 professional from MS Store. After in-place upgrade, for some reason it shows that I have Windows 10 Enterprise installed on my machine and it can not activate my windows. Please help. Thanks in advance, Aditya...