Windows 10: upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Discus and support upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonaldJaneway, Jan 29, 2020.

1. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another method to accomplish this ??

Thanks for suggestions.

:)

DonaldJaneway, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Yancyd66 Win User

Win 7 pro to Upgrade to Win 10 Pro

Long story. Several months ago upgraded from win 7 pro to win 10 pro.
    Everything fine until BSOD a few days ago. After many hrs of trying to fix with no luck I decided to do clean install of win 7 again and then using Media Creation Tool downloaded and created what I thought was a Win 10 Pro ISO disk.
    Used disk and loaded win 10 to pc. Things again fine except have the “Activate Window” message and that’s when I discovered the ISO was Win 10 Home.
    Why didn’t the Media Creation Tool create a Win 10 Pro ISO and how do I now get the Win 10 Pro ISO.

Yancyd66, Jan 29, 2020
  3. jChauvet Win User
    Will the free upgrade be only the HOME version or will it upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.............

I am running Win 7 Pro now and it has taken a lot of time to stop missing XP Pro........(still love it).

When the free upgrade of Win 10 comes out will it be only for Win 10 Home or will it upgrade a Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro...?

jChauvet, Jan 29, 2020
  4. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro system.

I bought a Win 10 Pro package from Newegg.com, to upgrade my Win 7 Pro system to Win 10 Pro. On the package, after "If you open this package:". item 1. states "The software is intended for preinstallation on the hard drive of the fully assembled computer
    system, using the OEM pre-installation tools." Item 2. states "You are responsible for providing end-user support."

I interpret this to mean it is not an upgrade from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro version, and will not have MS support and updates available. True or false?

If true, what do I need to upgrade my system to Win 10 pro?

TIA ... viking

Aggrevated In AZ, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

1. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - upgrade Pro Pro

2. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 upgrade questions: I bought a laptop 5 years ago that came with a Win 10 Pro license which at that time I wasn't ready to upgrade to, so I had the manufacturer downgrade the OS install to Win 7 Pro. I now want to upgrade this older, but still capable laptop to have as a second computer - I...
  3. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  4. How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is the Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro upgrade process?: Typically I do a fresh version of windows with a new PC build. That being said Win 7 is out of date and I might do the upgrade for security reasons. My concern is around doing the upgrade and having everything land back in exactly the same place its in now. For example I have...
  5. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro

Upgrade a win 7 pro system to win 10 pro: I want to upgrade a Win 7 pro system to Win 10 pro. I want to do an upgrade and NOT a clean install. My question: Can I use the commercial version (available from computer stores) of win 10 to upgrade the win 7 system and use the license key that I assume comes with...
  8. Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?

Best method to upgrade Win Pro 7 to Win Pro 10?: I am in-house support of a modest sized Windows network which will upgrade to the latest version Windows server. Workstations will upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I understand the free upgrade has ended and have no problem paying for upgrade licenses. We have...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Need to upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: My first PC I upgraded did not upgrade to Pro. So I want to download the media for Pro, and upgrade with it. When I go to the MS site to download, it does not offer me a selection of versions to download. Can anyone suggest where to find the Pro Win 10 download, or a...