Windows 10: Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”

Discus and support Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space” in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Need help again on my second computer. Having different problem than zbook and bobkn helped me with in this thread. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Struggling10, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”

Need help again on my second computer. Having different problem than zbook and bobkn helped me with in this thread.
    Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

These are spec’s on this older desktop PC:
    Computer Type: PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model Number: Compaq-Presario/FQ582AA-ABA SR5710F
    System Type: X86-based PC
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e, 2.3 GHz
    Memory: 4.00 GB
    Hard Drives: 1TB Model = ST1000DM 003-1CH162 SCSI Disk Device
    Browser: FireFox
    Antivirus: MSE

This one can’t complete Making sure your PC has enough space even though it has 584 GB free space of 931 GB capacity drive. I’ve let run for as long as 2 hrs to check for space, don’t understand why because from computer C: properties window, I get this info in seconds.

I’ve tried bootable USB drive suggested by zbook and bobkn that cured previous problem in link above. First tried booting to USB, but that didn’t allow for saving files and apps that I prefer to do. Tried running setup from flash drive within win 7 and also starting from desktop after saving to it, didn’t complete Making sure your PC has enough space from either method. Tried with MSE on and off, no difference.

Again suggestions are appreciated.

Edit: Drive indicator is constantly on with occasion blips; any chance this thing is defragging hard drive? Even though did same on other computer in previous thread with different problem.

:)

Struggling10, Sep 28, 2019

2. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

Thanks zbook, I’m going to let it run for couple more hours (now at ~ 3hrs) then will attempt bobkn and you’re suggestions. At least to best of my ability, will have to use Win 7 event viewer and clean boot since unit is still on win 7.

Struggling10, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Dewey Win User
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

I have previously done this. I completely uninstalled the anti-virus and did choose the Upgrade this PC.......

Dewey, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Harpert Win User

Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

To install Windows 10 properly make sure the following steps are followed:

- Disable or preferably uninstall any 3rd party Anti virus software like Avira / AVG / Kaspersky
    - Make sure there are no USB sticks connected
    - Make sure there are NO external drives connected.

The easiest way is to download the MediaCreation tool (make sure to download the proper version) and choose:

UPGRADE THIS PC

When you have no anti virus running.... all goes well Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space” :)

Good Luck

Harpert, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space”

1. Upgrade win 7 to 10 sticking at “Making sure your PC has enough space” - Similar Threads - Upgrade sticking “Making

2. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  3. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  4. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. win 11 setup cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 setup cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation: when i try to upgrade from win 10 to win 11 it is shows me that massage we cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation even my drive c has enough space 177gb so i want any one help me and i tried many things but i got nothing...
  6. win 11 setup cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 11 setup cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation: when i try to upgrade from win 10 to win 11 it is shows me that massage we cannot tell if your pc has enough space to continue installation even my drive c has enough space 177gb so i want any one help me and i tried many things but i got nothing...
  7. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002 When looking...
  8. upgrade win 7 pc to win 10

upgrade win 7 pc to win 10: hey.this is my desctop pc for my work place.i want to upgrade win 7 to win 10.i use import software about my work place.if i upgrade with windows update assistant my software maybe removed/?//?...
  9. Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install"

Upgrade from 7 to 10 sticking on “Making sure you’re ready to install": After many search’s concerning this problem, things I’ve tried with no help. 1. Disabled anti-virus and firewall. (MSE) 2. Disk cleanup including System Restore and Shadow Copies. 3. System scan (sfc /scannow) and check disk (chkdsk c: /f), no problems found with either. 4....
  10. Not enough space for upgrade

Not enough space for upgrade: Hi, I'm in possession of a Lenovo Yoga 300, which has Win 8.1 on it. I offered to upgrade it to Win 10 for the owner (the notification says it's fine for this). However, the SSD is only ~20Gb, and after a disk cleanup has only approx 5 or 6Gb's free. Windows upgrade said it...