Windows 10: Upgrade Win 7 to 10; Troubleshooter can't fix problems

Discus and support Upgrade Win 7 to 10; Troubleshooter can't fix problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 fails and it falls back to original. I ran the windows upgrade troubleshooter and it fixed a couple of problems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smtales, Jan 16, 2020.

1. smtales Win User

Upgrade Win 7 to 10; Troubleshooter can't fix problems

The upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 fails and it falls back to original. I ran the windows upgrade troubleshooter and it fixed a couple of problems but could not fix all. The upgrade failed again after I ran the troubleshooter. The upgrade gets to 27% then falls back to Win 7 and generates an error code 0x80070005 - 0x200A. The troubleshooter gives the follow information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upgrade Win 7 to 10; Troubleshooter can't fix problems 1d303498-0ce5-4c68-8124-a606f4ea5716?upload=true.png

:)

smtales, Jan 16, 2020
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 16, 2020
  3. n2bn2b Win User
    Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Upgrade Win 7 to 10; Troubleshooter can't fix problems - Similar Threads - Upgrade Troubleshooter can't

2. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  3. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  4. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  6. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  7. Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.

Win 7 Win 10 upgrade problem.: When I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 in 2016 everything worked OK but I couldn't type in the search field for Edge or Cortina. I couldn't find a solution online before the back out period expired so I backed out of the update. I have continued using Win 7 since then. I would...
  8. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Upgrade Graphics Problem: I have an HP Desktop with genuine Win 7 Pro. An online check of the Win 10 upgradability of the computer comes up with a failure of the onboard graphics drivers (ATI Radeon Xpress 1150). The graphics do NOT have updated drivers available. This was the only problem listed....
  9. was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!

was win 7 upgraded to win 10 but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!!: I upgraded win 7 home to win 10... a dell notebook i5 processor 4GB RAM but PC starts OK - shuts downs OK but on RESTART win 10 Problem!!!! after blue window icon and before show login screen appears a black screen and PC shows working or downloading - .... after...
  10. Will win 7 problems/corruption prohibit upgrading to win 10?

Will win 7 problems/corruption prohibit upgrading to win 10?: I have win 7 home premium sp1. There are some problems that cause updating to net.framework 4.5.x and above to fail as well as some other failures of updates. I have not been able to solve these issues despite extensive trouble shooting. Does the upgrade from Win 7 to win...