Windows 10: Upgrade Win 7 to 10

Discus and support Upgrade Win 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I held off as long as possible to change to Win 10. The question now, with Win 7 being phased out, is how to do it. I may look for new hardware, (PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steven KJ, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Steven KJ Win User

Upgrade Win 7 to 10

I held off as long as possible to change to Win 10.

The question now, with Win 7 being phased out, is how to do it.

I may look for new hardware, (PC now is i5-3450 @ 3.10 Ghz, 32 GB memory)

This is a work machine, no gaming etc.

1), do I upgrade current machine to Win 10, and then transfer "everything" to new PC with Win 10, or

2) Transfer from Win 7 machine to Win 10 machine?

I hate PC changes. Too many software companies that need to allow a re-download of their software, such as Adobe , Quickbooks, etc.

Any advice?

:)

Steven KJ, Aug 13, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Jererermy Win User

Upgrade Win 7 to 10

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Win 7 to 10

1. Upgrade Win 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  3. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  4. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  6. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  7. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  8. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade: Dear Team,I have my SSD with windows 10 installed on it and due to old computer setup it's not able to upgrade to windows 11.I've brought a new computer and still want to still using my old SSD and keep all my file and outlook.Is that anyways I could just plug and select the...
  9. Using my old SSD with Windows 10 on it and move to new computer to get windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...