Windows 10: Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To install Windows 10 properly make sure the following steps are followed: - Disable or preferably uninstall any 3rd party Anti virus software like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dewey, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Dewey Win User

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

I have previously done this. I completely uninstalled the anti-virus and did choose the Upgrade this PC.......

Dewey, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Dewey Win User

I have downloaded and unzipped the Media Creation Tool and I have downloaded the tool and allowed it to create the USB. None of these options have worked. As previously stated, all of these various attempts end with the same message. "failed in first boot phase during SYSPREP operation" One attempt made it to 65% on the install. The computer was functioning fine before these attempts and still fuctions fine after the Upgrade to 10 fails and it returns to Win 7.......

Dewey, Aug 16, 2015
  3. I don't know why its happening? Wish I could be more help.

alphanumeric, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Post a snapshot of a fullscreen Disk Management Window:

To open Disk Management, press Windows key+r, type diskmgmt.msc and press Enter or click GO. Make it full screen. Expand the fields as necessary so everything can be seen.

Windows 10: How to Take a Screenshot in Windows 10

Ztruker, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Dewey Win User
    Sorry, I've tried all the suggestions and I've been studying all I can find on the internet and no joy. I've just started wiping my drive and putting it back to the new original state. Then I'm going to try the download of the Micro Creation Tool I have on a USB stick and see if that helps......

Dewey, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Dewey Win User
    I finally did what I thought about in the beginning. I restored my Windows 7 to the factory install and installed the new Windows 10 off from a USB stick that I had downloaded the Micro Create Tool on. Everything went without a hitch. The one bad thing about this is, it took forever for the computer to load and install all the updates.

Dewey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

1. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  3. Windows 11 inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 inplace upgrade: I'm attempting an in-place upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 using an SCCM Task Sequence. However, during the process, when the Task Sequence restarts the laptop for the first step, it fails at the 'Running action: Partition Disk 0 UEFI' step. The laptop model is an HP...
  4. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  5. Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11

Upgrading windows home 11 to windows pro 11: I am wanting to confirm cost of upgrade? 99.00 I believe. Do I get my VA discount on this type of purchase? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-home-11-to-windows-pro-11/dffb4837-9c4a-4427-bdec-f546a89619bd
  6. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...
  7. Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again

Windows 7 upgrading into windows 10 and it would just crash and sets back windows 7 again: Hi so i just tried upgrading my windows 7 laptop to windows 10 and after it finish's the upgrade it just shows the crash screen and sets back windows 7 again the crash screen said "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" how to fix it?...
  8. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  9. What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.

What happens to my Windows 11 Home License if I upgrade it to a Windows 11 Pro.: I am setting up a new desktop and on my current desktop I already have a Windows 11 Home license installed and running.I want to upgrade my existing desktop to Windows 11 Pro and relocate the Windows 11 Home license onto the new desktop that is being built.A few questions...
  10. Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?

Does my Windows 10 laptop's CPU support upgrading to 11?: Not sure if this is the best place to post this but I am not too savvy with CPU stuff. All I know is that a requirement to download 11 is SSE4.2, which I have but I am still worried I am missing something...