Windows 10: upgrade win.7 to win 10

Discus and support upgrade win.7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am showing you what I have and the updates I have so for. please give me your thoughts on this. it has been 2 days since I upgraded it thanks
    upgrade win.7 to win 10 [​IMG]

:)

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  2. S.K. LAM Win User

How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Jan 6, 2016
  3. 1Anointed Win User
    Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Jan 6, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

I imagine that the moderators will move this. It's not a "news" post.

I don't see the same update numbers in my installation. I suppose that the KB numbers are different for the 64 bit version, which is what I'm running.

Try running winver. What does that tell you?

I hope that you realize that you can't access 6GB of RAM from a 32 bit copies of Windows. You may as well fall back to 4GB installed. Or, you could switch to 64 bit. You'd have to do a clean install, but the activation would automatically transfer.

bobkn, Jan 6, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks bobkn But I posted an Image of the winver in that post with my updates thats where the winver is supposed to be

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Your pics did not show winver.....you were in wrong area. Open your dos prompt Admin.....then type Winver that will show your current version.....then you can post that pic.

OldMike65, Jan 6, 2016
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Old Mike this is my winver

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

OldMike65, Jan 6, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    and that would also be a very good time to do a clean install of 64 bit so that all 6gb of memory are used.

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2016
  10. jerrypc1 Win User
    jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  11. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks but its not my 64 bit its my 32 bit

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    And in order to take advantage of your system's capabilities you should be running 64 bit Windows on it. But, that's up to you if you want to leave that extra 2+ GB of RAM wasted.

Clean installing a fresh download 64 bit Windows would both get you upgraded to build 10586 and allow full use of your RAM.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

upgrade win.7 to win 10

1. upgrade win.7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files: Work group setupSystem 1 as server - with Windows 7 OS with MS office 2010System 2 as Client- With Win 10 pro with MS office 2016 latest upgraded due to HDD crashSystem 3 as client - with Win 7 OS with MS office 2010I have recently faced issue on HDD corrupt and updated my...
  3. Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access MS office related files & notepad after OS upgrade or Copy files: Work group setupSystem 1 as server - with Windows 7 OS with MS office 2010System 2 as Client- With Win 10 pro with MS office 2016 latest upgraded due to HDD crashSystem 3 as client - with Win 7 OS with MS office 2010I have recently faced issue on HDD corrupt and updated my...
  4. Can a damaged windows 10 image prevent upgrade to 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a damaged windows 10 image prevent upgrade to 11?: Curious about this and asking for someone else mine isn't damaged, at least I think it isn'tIs it possible this could prevent a upgrade to 11 or would a upgrade just overhaul it and fix it in a way?...
  5. Can a damaged windows 10 image prevent upgrade to 11?

Can a damaged windows 10 image prevent upgrade to 11?: Curious about this and asking for someone else mine isn't damaged, at least I think it isn'tIs it possible this could prevent a upgrade to 11 or would a upgrade just overhaul it and fix it in a way?...
  6. Can a damaged windows 10 image prevent upgrade to 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. error code while activating upgrading window 10 or 11. 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    error code while activating upgrading window 10 or 11. 0xc004f050: When I tried to use the Windows 10 Pro activation key that I had previously used on my old laptop, I encountered an error on my new laptop. The error code is 0xc004f050, and the message says, 'The product key you entered did not work. Check the product key and try again, or...
  8. error code while activating upgrading window 10 or 11. 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error code while activating upgrading window 10 or 11. 0xc004f050: When I tried to use the Windows 10 Pro activation key that I had previously used on my old laptop, I encountered an error on my new laptop. The error code is 0xc004f050, and the message says, 'The product key you entered did not work. Check the product key and try again, or...
  9. error code while activating upgrading window 10 or 11. 0xc004f050

10. Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems linking windows 11 licence after windows 10 upgrade.: I have 3 sons who have 3 windows 10 machines. They run their machines on local accounts only as they do not like having to ask me to authenticate their sign in every time. However I linked these machines to my ms account & remained linked despite running local accounts, which...