Windows 10: upgrade win.7 to win 10

Discus and support upgrade win.7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am showing you what I have and the updates I have so for. please give me your thoughts on this. it has been 2 days since I upgraded it thanks
    upgrade win.7 to win 10 [​IMG]

:)

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  2. S.K. LAM Win User

How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Jan 6, 2016
  3. 1Anointed Win User
    Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Jan 6, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

I imagine that the moderators will move this. It's not a "news" post.

I don't see the same update numbers in my installation. I suppose that the KB numbers are different for the 64 bit version, which is what I'm running.

Try running winver. What does that tell you?

I hope that you realize that you can't access 6GB of RAM from a 32 bit copies of Windows. You may as well fall back to 4GB installed. Or, you could switch to 64 bit. You'd have to do a clean install, but the activation would automatically transfer.

bobkn, Jan 6, 2016
  5. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks bobkn But I posted an Image of the winver in that post with my updates thats where the winver is supposed to be

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Your pics did not show winver.....you were in wrong area. Open your dos prompt Admin.....then type Winver that will show your current version.....then you can post that pic.

OldMike65, Jan 6, 2016
  7. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Old Mike this is my winver

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

upgrade win.7 to win 10

OldMike65, Jan 6, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    and that would also be a very good time to do a clean install of 64 bit so that all 6gb of memory are used.

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2016
  10. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks Mike I d/l from the link you provided I am now installing it I will let you know how it comes out Thanks again for everything .Jerry

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  11. jerrypc1 Win User
    Thanks but its not my 64 bit its my 32 bit

jerrypc1, Jan 6, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    And in order to take advantage of your system's capabilities you should be running 64 bit Windows on it. But, that's up to you if you want to leave that extra 2+ GB of RAM wasted.

Clean installing a fresh download 64 bit Windows would both get you upgraded to build 10586 and allow full use of your RAM.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

upgrade win.7 to win 10

1. upgrade win.7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. [Solved] Unable to add a Microsoft account to a Win 10 pro upgrade

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [Solved] Unable to add a Microsoft account to a Win 10 pro upgrade: I'm unable to add a MS account to my machine after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. When trying to add an account from the settings menu, the window appears momentarily and then disappears. When I try to log in to any native windows app that uses a MS account I get the error in...
  3. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...: Hello everyone I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then upgraded my internet speed with my internet provider. Ever since I made these two changes, my wifi keeps disconnecting. If I try to reconnect, I get a message stating that I am unable to connect to the wifi. I have...
  4. Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded to 1903 but it still 1809: Upgraded to version 1903 on my Acer laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home 1809). After everything completed and rebooted, I checked the version in Settings and it still shows version 1809, but the Updates display offers the next release 1909. I used another utility to check...
  5. 0x8007042B 0x3000D error while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x8007042B 0x3000D error while upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: So I downloaded the media creation tool to try to upgrade a Windows 7 Pro machine to Windows 10. However I run into this error no matter what I've tried. 0x8007042B 0x3000D first_boot migrate_data failed. It's imperative that I upgrade this machine and not do a clean...
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional and now I have Windows 10 home. Why?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Professional and now I have Windows 10 home. Why?: Yesterday I did the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro and for some reason it rolled me back to Windows 10 home. I have used this same upgrade path to move other computers over and it worked fine and I have Windows 10 Pro on those machines. What can I do to correct...
  7. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...: After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability. In the...
  8. Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10: I saw your Discussions. I just follow up on the instructions for this problem. Step 1: Check-in Event Viewer for System event log and the application event log and see if you have any red errors. Check for errors at the time of the freeze. a. Click on Start and...
  9. upgraded to windows 10 but i think i was on guest account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgraded to windows 10 but i think i was on guest account: I think when I upgraded from window 7 to windows 10 pro,i was on guest account and didn't know,i didn't have a password on it so when I upgraded it didn't have to ask for password and I never realized it was not on administators account,so when it was done upgrading,i could...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from Home (SL) to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 upgrade from Home (SL) to Pro: I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home Single Language available on my laptop, and I want to use Docker, which needs Hyper-V (not available on Windows Home), so I'm thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 to Pro version. I bought an OEM license for Windows 10 Pro from Kinguin,...