Windows 10: Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

Discus and support Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I am using a laptop with activated Windows 7, is it possible to upgrade my operating system to win 10 with the product key of windows 7? Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Zawai, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Zawai Win User

Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

Hi all, I am using a laptop with activated Windows 7, is it possible to upgrade my operating system to win 10 with the product key of windows 7? Can I do that for free? Thanks.

:)

Zawai, Aug 23, 2019
  2. EliSherer Win User

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Unique Product Key situation

No... let me try again.

• Old computer is running Win7 Pro (SP1) with a Product key I have from a few years ago. The Product is activated already, but I do NOT use this computer at this point, so I didn't worry about using the Product key when moving to the new computer (see below).
    • New computer is running Win10 Pro, with data and OS migrated from the Old computer, (same Product key as above), then Upgraded to Win10 (without getting a new Product Key).
    What I am trying to do now...

• I want to upgrade the OLD computer (Win7 Pro) to Windows 10... using a new Product Key I just purchased.
    • I have tried to do this internally, and also using the ISO burned to a thumb drive. But it does not want to work.
    • Steps:
      • Start from USB drive.
      • Enter New Product Key (or click "I don't have one").
      • Install initiates and then tells me to restart from Windows and then open the installer again to continue.
        • At this point, I actually need to Quit the installation to restart the machine.
      • When restarted, I go to the USB drive and restart/resume the installation process.
      • I have tried to download and not to download updates, but when the installation fails, I see the message, "Something happened" and "Setup has failed to validate the product key".
      • NOTE This happens if I enter the NEW Windows 10 Product Key, or if I skip that step (which I assume means that it will use the old Windows 7 Key for the upgrade).

EliSherer, Aug 23, 2019
  3. manupela Win User
    upgrade to Win10 - product key

Hello,

i initially purchased win 7 retail box and so i own a win 7 product key.

after this, i upgraded to win 8.1pro with an upgrade disk and now i would like to upgrade to win 10 online.

my question is: in the future when i will reinstall a clean copy of win10(formating the HDD and all) after the free upgrade....what product key will i need to use?

thanks in advance for your answer

manupela, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

Windows 10 to Windows 7 Product Key

Hello.

I have now installed Windows 7 pro OEM and I am considering to upgrade to Windows 10. I have a several questions about Windows 10.

• When I upgrade to Windows 10, if I don't like it can I downgrade back to Windows 7? How do I do that?
    • After upgrade to Windows 10 what will happen to my official Windows 7 pro OEM product key?
    • If I uninstall the whole OS after upgrading to Windows 10 and try to install Windows 7 pro like it was, will the product key fit?

HelpITHappens, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key

1. Upgrade win10 with windows 7 product key - Similar Threads - Upgrade win10 product

2. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    window 7 product key: window 7 product key missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-product-key/670416f8-62b0-40cd-90c5-780995e855fa
  3. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 7 product key: window 7 product key missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-7-product-key/670416f8-62b0-40cd-90c5-780995e855fa
  4. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    window 7 product key: I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I...
  5. window 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window 7 product key: I have a new laptop with windows 10. But it now about 6 months after purchase requires me to enter a product key or buy office. I have the product key for windows 7 which still works on an old laptop. But that key number is not recognized by my windows 10 laptop. What am I...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key: I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 pro with Windows 7 product key: I recently have a clean install of windows 11 on my computer. I have one windows 7 home basic and one windows 7 professional product key. I tried activated it with the windows 7 pro key but it didn't work, while retry with the windows 7 home basic key did activate the...
  8. Windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 product key: Trying to set up a virtual machine in Windows 10. Have an old Dell that had Windows 7 Pro installed. Tried to use that product key for the Windows 7 Pro install in the Hyper V but its telling me that its not valid. Well, its valid just cant use it because it was a pre-install...
  9. WIN10 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 product key: My hard drive died and I do not know my WIN10 product key to reinstall. I am not able to get through to MS to find out what to do. HELP before the temp install expires https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-product-key/132432a3-fc0a-4721-b5f9-0940542862c7
  10. Product Key for Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key for Windows 7: Can I use a Windows 10 product key to activate Windows 7? I need to do this on a work computer, so I do not need anyone to recommend me to "stay on Windows 10" or whatever. Just trust me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 working product key to upgrade to win10