Windows 10: Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

Discus and support Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a WIN 7 cloned SSD and want to attempt the WIN 10 Upgrade on it keeping all my files and apps. In case the Upgrade fails I will still have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by poolmon, Sep 19, 2020.

1. poolmon Win User

Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

I have a WIN 7 cloned SSD and want to attempt the WIN 10 Upgrade on it keeping all my files and apps.
    In case the Upgrade fails I will still have my original WIN7 SSD and can reinsert it.

Question is: once I Upgrade the clone to WIN 10, will I still be able to use my original WIN7 SSD too or will its license be deactivated? I'm trying to plan ahead in case the upgrade is not be successful so I can easily revert to WIN7 by just reinserting the original SSD?

In other words, when I type-in the WIN7 license code upon upgrading to WIN10 does it automatically deactivate my copy of WIN7 or start a clock running on its demise (especially since the WIN 10 Upgrade may not be fully successful and only time would tell)? From everything I have read, the free WIN10 upgrade is still available if you have a valid WIN7 code to insert.

:)

poolmon, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

1. Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain? - Similar Threads - Upgrade WIN7 WIN10

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  5. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  6. win7 upgrade to win10 using USB

win7 upgrade to win10 using USB: my motherboard failed and I installed a new MB. My HD has win7 loaded and I am trying to upgrade using a USB drive. I get a message say I cant upgrade from USB I need to boot from HD. I can't because new MB is a Z390 and wont recognize the USB ports so I can log on to Win7...
  7. Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?: Hello, I have a PC that had Win7 and as a Win7 user you could upgrade to Win10 for free with the product key. Now I still have a PC and want to activate Win10 with the old Win7 license on it. Does this work and will the license no longer be active on the old PC? Eine...
  8. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  9. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  10. Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10

Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10: Using an Asus CM8730 desktop with Win7. Purchased a Samsung Evo 850 SSD and used Samsung Migration software to move Win7 to the SSD from the HD that came from the computer. All went well, the computer boots very fast from the SSD. After about a month of use I decided to...