Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by steryma, Sep 26, 2019.

1. steryma Win User

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed.

How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build) anymore.

:)

steryma, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Sep 26, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home OEM

2. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  3. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changin from windows 10 home OEM to windows 10 pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changin from windows 10 home OEM to windows 10 pro Retail: Hi! I recently just ordered a bunch of new PC parts including a new motherboard and CPU. My PC was originally a pre-built gaming PC, but as I wrote earlier, I have upgraded. I want to keep my main drive, but because the license I currently have is an OEM license, it wont run...
  6. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade toWindows 10 Pro Retail, so that I can move it to future computers when I retire this one. Can I simply purchaseWindows 10 Pro Retail and insert that Retail license key into the change product...
  7. Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail

Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail: I've Windows 10 Professional Retail product key. My laptop has Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade to win 10 Professional Retail. Can I get back to my OEM Win 10 Home again? How? I would like to avoid using product key if I cant get back to my win 10 Home OEM. Please help...
  8. is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro OEM to 10 pro retail

is it possible to upgrade windows from 10 pro OEM to 10 pro retail: Hi, I just bought a new PC yesterday with windows 10 pro OEM. Is it possible to upgrade it to windows 10 pro retail? OEM to retail is the only change I want to do. Since it's a new PC which did not arrive from the store yet, I don't care if data will be lost. I DON'T have a...
  9. OEM Home to PRO Retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Home to PRO Retail: I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg [EditionID] Professional [Channel] Retail [VL] 0 I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro 1909 retail oem