Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to upgrade my machine from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro but nothing seems to work. I have the default Windows 10 Pro product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by julianm22, Dec 30, 2019.

1. julianm22 Win User

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install

I have been trying to upgrade my machine from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro but nothing seems to work. I have the default Windows 10 Pro product key provided to me by a Microsoft support representative. I have also attempted with a couple other valid Windows 10 enterprise keys. I tried changing my product key to perform the upgrade but I get a message that says "unable to upgrade your edition". I also tried using the windows media creation tool but I am never asked what version I would like to install. Instead I go through all the steps and it says that I am about to install Windows 10 Home again. How can I make it not default to Windows 10 Home or accept my Windows 10 Pro product key? Also I really do not want to have to do a clean install.

:)

julianm22, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro without fresh install - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  3. Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home upgrade to Pro without Home installation: I'm running Windows 11 on Parallels for Mac. I wanted to install Windows 11 Home, but after I tried to add the product key, I discovered the Parallels already installed Windows 11 Pro. I would like to upgrade my Home product for Pro, I have a Home registration key, but don't...
  4. WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME/PRO INSTALL, UPGRADE: Greetings, can someone, anyone please please help me????? I have had this HP laptop since Dec of of last year I bought it used and it was a CLEAN INSTALL laptop which means there was nothing installed on it so i had to reinstall like EVERYTHING.. My issue has been very nerve...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Without Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro Without Updating: Hi. My laptop is Windows 10 Home but I am still staying on Version 1903, due to my preference of the search box. But, I want to get the Microsoft Virtual Machine and the option to defer updates, as in Windows 10 Pro . 1) Will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro without...
  6. Can't install Windows 10 Home without it automatically upgrading itself to Pro and then...

Can't install Windows 10 Home without it automatically upgrading itself to Pro and then...: I tried reinstalling Windows 10 Home but every time I did it it just said it was installing Pro every time and I can't see a way to change it. Any ideas?...
  7. Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key

Upgrade pre-installed Home to Pro without a key: Hello - I have a pre-installed Home version which I am looking to upgrade to a Pro version. I already have a key bought from elsewhere but the system does not take the key when I enter it as it is the key for a pro version. I would thus like to be able to install the Pro...
  8. upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing

upgrade win 10 home to pro without installing: I have windows 10 home single language 64 bit on my notebook...and I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro 64 bit after Insert the product key windows 10 pro...[ATTACH] please help me...
  9. fresh install 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fresh install 10 home: I'm trying to install win 10 as a fresh install. I do not have any other phone than an old school landline. The install will not continue until I give it a mobile number. When did this start and why? Mark...
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...