Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rkbarrier, Apr 24, 2016.

1. rkbarrier Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

:)

rkbarrier, Apr 24, 2016

2. Is it possible to upgrade windows 7 enterprise to windows 10 pro or downgrade windows 7 to ultimate in order to upgrade to windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 7 enterprise upgrade to windows 10

I have a computer with a legitimate copy of windows 7 enterprise and I decided I want to update it to windows 10. But you cannot upgrade windows enterprise to windows 10 with the free upgrade. Is it possible to upgrade windows 7 enterprise to windows 10
    pro or downgrade windows 7 to ultimate in order to upgrade to windows 10?

QasimHaniff, Apr 24, 2016
  3. Upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise

Keep receiving the email warning that there are XX days until your free windows 10 upgrade expires, but our org has Window 7 Enterprise.

Where does one find a compatibility test to run before upgrading from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise?

What are the known issues for the upgrade for Enterprise version?

Thank you

Martha

TACS AccountingDepartment, Apr 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Apr 24, 2016
  5. rkbarrier Win User
    I tried this and it actually will do the upgrade the only problem is the option to keep files and apps is greyed out. It keeps the files but I have to reinstall all the apps. I wonder if there is a registry change that can be made allowing this option???

rkbarrier, Apr 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    My link is to do Clean Install. Whatever you used could not be from my link.
    Please read my link to Clean Install tutorial again.
    Clean Install does not allow you to keep anything. Thus the name Clean Install.
    So, backup the files you want to keep first before doing clean install.

You need to do clean install because there is no upgrade path from Win 7 Enterprise to Win 10.

davidhk, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    Yes, there are registry settings to fool windows into upgrading from a lower edition, but it's not advisable as you'll have roque Enterprise files left over - essentially resulting in what can be called a frankenbuild.

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? - Similar Threads - Upgrade Enterprise Pro

2. windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  3. windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade to Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  4. windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  5. windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 enterprise upgrade 10 Win 11 pro: Hi, I inherited a Windows 7 laptop with no access to it's admin password. I need to update it to Win 11 pro. I'd like to get an OEM disk and do an entire upgrade from the disk. What's the best way forward? I can boot from DVD that's why I want an OEM disk....
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my wife's laptop from Windows 7 Enterprise Edition SP1 which she got at her previous academic institution to Windows 10 Education Edition which we purchased via her current academic institution. I would like to do so by updating the existing...
  7. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  8. Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation: I just upgraded from Windows 7 enterprise to Windows 10 enterprise and can't activate it. How do I get a digital liscence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-7-enterprise-to-10-enterprise/d10b9b2b-2d9d-4111-b8f8-485b514f7554"
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise: How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier. Prior to Windows 10, the...
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10