Windows 10: upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?

Discus and support upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win7 to win10 upgrades are still free right now. if you buy a laptop that comes with w10home with an embedded key uefi then you reformat and transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by link626, Apr 3, 2020.

1. link626 Win User

upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ?

Win7 to win10 upgrades are still free right now.

if you buy a laptop that comes with w10home with an embedded key uefi

then you reformat and transfer a win7pro license/install, upgrade to win10pro for free

will win10pro get activated?

or will it try to read the embedded w10home key and deny activation?

I'm thinking that if you disable uefi mode and install the whole thing entirely in legacy bios mode, it might succeed.

But if you clean install win10pro in the future, will it automatically activate if uefi is enabled again?

:)

link626, Apr 3, 2020

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro on windows 10 Home pc ? - Similar Threads - upgrade pro pro

2. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I recently used the msi tool to update a windows 7 pro machine to windows 10 pro. It appears to have a activated the install just fine and is working? Is this install legal?...
  3. upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro

upgrade from windows 7 home to windows 10 pro: i have brought windows 10 pro and downloaded it to a memory stick but my windows 7 is asking for a anytime upgrade key to upggrade how or where do i get one ....
  4. Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I want to upgrade a Windows 7 PC which by the requirements is upgradable to Windows 10 Pro. I went to the Microsoft Store and the only option is to Download WIndows 10 Pro. My Windows 7 PC really requires a clean install. Does Windows 10 Pro give me the option to format...
  5. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer that I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 10. It is currently Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I have attempted to use the Media Creation Tool to do this as I have done probably a 100 times at time point and I am not able to upgrade without erasing all the settings...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrading from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Please can someone advise if it is possible to upgrade directly from Windows 7 (working laptop) to Windows 10 Pro using a Microsoft Windows 10 Flashdrive? (full Windows 10 Pro flashdrive purchased from Microsoft) I appreciate I can install a clean Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  8. Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

Upgrade of Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Get thew following error: This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC is not supported yet on this version of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-of-windows-7-pro-to-windows-10-pro/558d9872-9d50-4dfe-9592-3c549d64ff50
  9. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: We are experiencing a strange issue with domain joined workstations when upgrading them to Windows 10. When running setup.exe or setupprep.exe from the install DVD/ISO we get: "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and trying running Windows 10 Setup...
  10. Windows 10 Home > Windows 7 Pro > Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Home > Windows 7 Pro > Windows 10 Pro: Hey, I got a new PC with Windows 10 Home. I already have retail versions of both Windows 7 and 8 Pro, so I clean installed 7 Pro over 10 Home (wiping existing partitions in the process), then did an upgrade to 10 (using the media creation tool) expecting to get Pro, but I...