Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Download completes Verification completes Install Tool stops and tells me there was a problem. Error Code : 0xC1800103 - 0x90002 I google'd this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAGBJG01, Jan 29, 2020.

1. RAGBJG01 Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Download completes

Verification completes

Install Tool stops and tells me there was a problem.

Error Code : 0xC1800103 - 0x90002

I google'd this and a number of solutions came up.

I followed the suggestions but still receive the same error code.

Is there a solution to this problem.

:)

RAGBJG01, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

1. Upgrade Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Professional: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro Education Version, due to some issue windows is not booting, I wish to install Windows 10 Pro, I wish to get the old data like windows.old, Does this upgradation create the windows.old folder?...
  3. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  4. Download link for Windows 10 pro upgrade not working

Download link for Windows 10 pro upgrade not working: Hi, couple weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to pro. Did this via the update page on laptop and purchased through Microsoft Store. There were problems with the automatic installation and activation, but it eventually got fixed. The problem I have now is that the...
  5. Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro

Windows 10 Pro activated and then upgraded to Windows Workstation Pro: My workstation crashed and I rebuilt it with the same Windows 10 pro license key. I want to upgrade back to Windows Workstation Pro but do not know how to retrieve the key from purchase history under my Microsoft Account. How do I get the key? On my account it shows in the...
  6. How can I upgrade my non activated windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I upgrade my non activated windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: I recently assembled my pc and installed windows 10 home on it which I have not yet activated but I found a great deal on windows 10 pro product key. So I was wondering if there was a way I could upgrade to windows 10 pro so that I could use my win 10 pro key. I also don't...
  7. windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed

windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed: I purchased A windows 10 pro upgrade from the app store. now it says I have windows enterprise and I cant even restore to a previous point or anything. I searched for the original OS product key in the PowerShell and found it and it doesn't work either as the product is now...
  8. Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.

Upgraded laptop from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. Now it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off.: So I updated my windows with the Win 10 upgrade tool. Upgraded successfully and it keeps saying "locking" and it turns off. Any idea what the issue is? It keeps doing it over and over again. Its also much slower. Asus laptop, 4th gen i7 quad core, 8gb ram. Should be the...
  9. Will upgrading from Home to Pro get me a clean install? Can I still use Office 365 home?

Will upgrading from Home to Pro get me a clean install? Can I still use Office 365 home?: I would like to upgrade to Pro. I would also like to do a clean install. I would also like to continue using my 365 home family plan. If upgrading to pro doesn’t include a clean install should I clean install before or after updating? submitted by /u/PlazmaSnake417...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: I have bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro which fails to install indicating an error . How do I proceed . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-windows-10-home-to-pro/e43cf77c-bd2f-4d0b-a031-03c40792a8e6