Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ace6276, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ace6276 Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer? I also have Windows 7 Pro on another pc. Can I do the same using another Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer or does it have to be a Windows 10 Pro DVD?

:)

Ace6276, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

1. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD - Similar Threads - Upgrade using OEM

2. Windows 7 OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 OEM: Hi Team, We have purchased few Machines with Win 7 Pro SP1(64 Bit) OEM License . It is possible to Window 10 Pro using existing Key?. Regards Vijay Radhakrishnan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-oem/494199b3-04b1-40fb-9391-db7bcb0b0b64
  3. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?

Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 using OEM version. Possible?: I have four computers running Windows 7 that have to be upgraded to Windows 10. I have purchased the Win 10 System Builder OEM packages and downloaded version 1903 from MS. My question is am I able to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 with this version and keep all of my apps...
  4. Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase: Where on the Microsoft site can I purchase the DVD for Windows 10 Pro? Can I get one with 3 licenses? I am not able to find the location on the site to do this, and I do not want to buy a download....
  5. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key: Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said...
  6. Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell)

Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell): My Dell inspiron N5110 did not pass win upgrade compatibility test in back a long ago. now i have changed hardware and want to upgrade to Win10. there are 2 problems I cannot upgrade win10 using OEM product key using either DVD upgrade OR windows 10 download website. How to...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...
  8. OEM Windows 10 Upgrades

OEM Windows 10 Upgrades: Here is a link from Corrine at Security Garden with links to OEM vendors support information for Windows 10. http://securitygarden.blogspot.com/2...indows-10.html Jim *Cool 18356
  9. Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?

Is 7 pro OEM version eligible for upgrade to Windows 10?: I purchased a Windows seven OEM cd from Amazon to upgrade from vista. I'm now wanting to upgrade to ten and the installation using a usb stick gets to the screen where it asks for a product key. The OEM disk doesn't have one. the install apparently will not proceed. Is...
  10. Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!

Windows 7 Pro Retail upgrades to Windows 10 Pro OEM?!: Hello, I current have Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit installed from a Retail (not OEM) copy. If I read the tutorials correctly, I understand that if I install the free upgrade to Windows 10, there is no product key and it is tied to my hardware. Even if I create install media,...