Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ace6276, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ace6276 Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

I have Windows 7 Home currently on a PC. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 as an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Can I do this using a Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer? I also have Windows 7 Pro on another pc. Can I do the same using another Windrows 10 Home OEM DVD purchased from a local authorized retailer or does it have to be a Windows 10 Pro DVD?

:)

Ace6276, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD

1. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 using an OEM DVD - Similar Threads - Upgrade using OEM

2. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10 Free Upgrade: Yes I'm finally considering doing it. I've been hesitant because I have everything exactly how I want it and I know upgrading will change things around a bit (drivers/apps/game versions, etc). Can anyone thoroughly explain how to do this with a Windows 7 OEM key? I've jumped...
  3. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  4. Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Windows 7 OEM to 10: So I originally had a Windows 7 OEM, but the motherboard it was tied to short circuited and had to be replaced, so now it’s technically not genuine cause of being on a different motherboard. I was gonna upgrade my pc, including the motherboard and was wondering if I could...
  5. Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 to Win 10 for Free if Windows 7 version is OEM or is a...: I may just do a full fresh Win 10 install instead of upgrading from 7 since the online upgrade has repeatedly failed. I have noticed though that many people have posted that Product ID 00359-OEM-8992687-00249 the ID on his computer is an unauthorized version of Windows...
  6. how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd

how to upgrade windows 7 pro to windows 10 pro using an OEM dvd: My desktop runs on Windows 7 Pro, so I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD to upgrade the operating system. I am looking for guidance on how to do the upgrade? Thanks....
  7. Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 OEM to Windows 10: Hi, I installed 64-bit Windows 10 on my tablet Acer under the likely naïve expectation that this was supported and that I'd be able to enter my OEM product key during installation. The Acer was previously running 32-bit Windows 7 so I had to go through the full...
  8. upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using WinPro 10 OEI DVD

upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using WinPro 10 OEI DVD: I have windows 7. I purchased Windows 10 Pro v 1809. How do I use this DVD to upgrade my windows 7 computer. I have seen the article on OEM DVD but this one says OEI?...
  9. Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell)

Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell): My Dell inspiron N5110 did not pass win upgrade compatibility test in back a long ago. now i have changed hardware and want to upgrade to Win10. there are 2 problems I cannot upgrade win10 using OEM product key using either DVD upgrade OR windows 10 download website. How to...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM

Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 OEM: I have Lenovo x230 with genuine Windows 7. Can I freely upgrade to windows 10? I downloaded windows media creation tool and did direct upgrade to windows 10. My laptop is upgraded to Win 10 but it is not getting activated. Found the following activation issue -...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windrows 10 pro upgrade von windows 7

2. upgrading windows 7 to windows 10 by dvd

3. Ho;w to update windows 7 to windows 10 with OEM DVD?

4. upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using downloaded oem key 2020