Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I want to do an Upgrade installation from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. I am using Dynamic Disks. A few years ago, on the same machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cknoettg, Dec 19, 2019.

1. cknoettg Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks da79d859-5f7f-4c2b-8338-ce8f51d6f2bd?upload=true.png I want to do an Upgrade installation from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. I am using Dynamic Disks. A few years ago, on the same machine with the same dynamic disks, I did a clean install from a non-genuine Windows 7 Ultimate which pc repairman put on there to a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate without converting the disks to basic first, and I had no problems at all. Must I convert to basic disks first for my installation to succeed? Or can I just leave the dynamic disks in place? I have attached my disk management screenshot.

:)

cknoettg, Dec 19, 2019

2. Windows 7 and Dynamic Disk

Hello,

I've been trying to install Windows 7 x64 On my Laptop, I've already have Windows 7 x32 on It. But the setup won't let me install on the disk and says it can't be installed on a dynamic volume.

What does that means? And what is the best solution for it?

I need a solution which won't let my data wipe.. *Smile Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks :)))

smartali89, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks

streetfighter 2, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks

1. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks - Similar Threads - Upgrade dynamic disks

2. Windows 10 dynamic to basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 dynamic to basic disk: My windows 10 diskI have only 1 disk has been converted to dynamic. Now i want to convert it back to basic so that i can dual boot it with windows 11. I have searched on internet about this, everything is about paid softwares and using cmd as administrator while using my cmd...
  3. Windows 10 dynamic to basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 dynamic to basic disk: My windows 10 diskI have only 1 disk has been converted to dynamic. Now i want to convert it back to basic so that i can dual boot it with windows 11. I have searched on internet about this, everything is about paid softwares and using cmd as administrator while using my cmd...
  4. Windows 10 dynamic to basic disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I Install Windows 10 on Dynamic Disk?

Can I Install Windows 10 on Dynamic Disk?: Guys, Please help Can we install Windows 10 home/pro on Dynamic Partition/Dynamic Disk? I'm trying to install windows 10 on new HDD, GPT/Dynamic format but I get the error message in pic. "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition contains one...
  6. Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10

Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10: Hi, I accidentally changed my c-drive to dynamic disk. It is my only memory on my pc. How can I change it back to basic disk? I allready searched information and looked up for various instructions and videos. I can't delete volumes because os is installed on that and that...
  7. Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dynamic Disk defaults to "Foreign" when switching between Windows 10 and Windows 7 in Dual...: I have a dual boot configuration set up with Windows 10 primary OS and Windows 7. Background: The dual-boot setup was previously working fine, until the Windows 10 dev team installed another one of their half-baked updates late June / early July 2020 and wrecked the entire...
  8. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  9. Disk Management and Dynamic Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management and Dynamic Disk: Hi, I'm a windows 10 user. While I was partitioning my disk using disk management tool, I've seen that I have created three F: drives. Is there any way to combine all three drives together?[ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have an old 1Tb drive that used to be the boot (C) drive and also had partitions for two additional drives. I since replaced that 1Tb drive with an SSD and another 2Tb second internal drive. I've inserted the 1Tb in an external USB SATA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 dynamic disk upgrade to windows 10