Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Dear support, our company bought several PCs that came with Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems pre-installed with a valid license key (also in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shibby901, Aug 5, 2019.

1. shibby901 Win User

Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Dear support,

our company bought several PCs that came with Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems pre-installed with a valid license key (also in form of a sticker). The PCs were bought between 2014 and 2018. Due to end of support for Windows 7 we started to look for possibilities to upgrade to Windows 10. The supplier (Siemens) could not answer our questions regarding the upgrade and pointed us to Microsoft directly.

From what I managed to find out, is that the closes version of Windows 10 to the current OS would be the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise. Is this correct? If so, will we be able to use the license keys provided by the supplier and upgrade to Windows 10? How do we obtain the necessary installation image?

Thanks in advance for help!

:)

shibby901, Aug 5, 2019
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Win7 Ultimate to Enterprise

Change Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 7 Enterprise | HackAAPL: Hacking Apple Products

i dunno it works or not, i found it *Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:

micropage7, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Dear Team,

I've installed Windows 10 IoT enterprise in one of my cash deposit machine during the upgrade it accidentally upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Due to this, my Win 10 IoT Enterprise license became Void. How to downgrade the same to Windows 10 IoT now.

Please help me with the steps or help me with an article that could help me do that.

Saisaseder, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

1. Upgrade Windows 7 Ultimate Embedded into Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgrade Ultimate Embedded

2. windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?: hello, I was able to put my hand on old computer from work, they were thrown to the trash, the hard drive were removed for security. But they still work and there are running on windows embedded standard 7, im not able to factory reset them due to the old admin restriction,...
  3. windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows embedded standard 7 upgrade ?: hello, I was able to put my hand on old computer from work, they were thrown to the trash, the hard drive were removed for security. But they still work and there are running on windows embedded standard 7, im not able to factory reset them due to the old admin restriction,...
  4. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  5. Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade free windows 7 Ultimate to windows 10: Hello i met a problem installing windows 10 from windows 7 ultimate and i can't find the answer. The error is "error installing windows 10", i am searching in google and i dont find what i need. I really need to keep personal files and apps...
  6. Windows 10 IoT enterprise edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 IoT enterprise edition: How much it cost for any OeM machine like PoS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iot-enterprise-edition/2945329a-529f-4fbb-9b37-f936f69b7af3
  7. Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Window 7 Ultimate to Windows 10: Hi, This is Rolf Schreiner at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, on December 14, 2020. I have a problem installing Wildows 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate. I worked about one week it, but now I need some help, please. I tried all the published fixes on the internet,...
  8. Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Upgrade?: Just wondering if you can still use a Windows 7 KEY with a fresh install of windows 10? I have done this in 2016 and the upgrade worked fine right before the install of Windows 10 when it asked for a key. So just wondering if you an still use the Windows 7 key? And will have...
  9. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 IoT Enterprise: I was looking into using Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for a few devices that I am deploying. I was trying to find the distributors page to contact distributors to get more information on pricing, but all the links I found ended in a dead end. Can someone please give me a list...
  10. Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Ultimate -> Windows 10 Pro -> ??? -> Windows 10 Enterprise?: I originally had Windows 7 ultimate on my computer prior to the free upgrade, and then I was moved to Windows 10 Pro. Yet somehow I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise now, and the computer keeps asking me to activate it. What is happening??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 7 Ultimate for Embedded Systems

2. win7 embedded inplace upgrade

3. upgrade windows 7 embedded to 10 IoT

4. windows 7 embedded upgrade to windows 10