Windows 10: Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

Discus and support Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I work for a nonprofit organization. We have a volume license for Windows 10 Pro. We just bought a new computer for an employee that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlyle Miller, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

I work for a nonprofit organization. We have a volume license for Windows 10 Pro. We just bought a new computer for an employee that came with Windows Home on it. How can I upgrade to Pro using our volume license?

:)

Carlyle Miller, Jan 7, 2021

2. Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online.

They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10 pro. I see documentation that shows that nonprofits can upgrade from 10 home to pro but, I did not see where I can purchase the license on the Vlsc website.

What is the process to purchase a windows 10 home to windows 10 pro upgrade license?

Danny Schultz, Jan 7, 2021
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Volume License?

Just curious--what makes you think that the OP, who asked the question regarding a doctor's office, is in an academic or non-profit organization?

JimWynne, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with Volume License?

You may NOT legally upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the volume licenses. The only organizations that may do this are academic and nonprofit. Commercial and government can only use volume license SKUs to upgrade from
    previous business class (Pro, enterprise, etc...) operating systems.

Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit 8eb1462a-dbce-40bd-b302-285b8698dc63.png

Commercial and government organizations should make sure to purchase systems that already include Windows Pro. This will save you from all sorts of headaches. For those who try to save money by purchasing systems with Windows 10 Home and now need to move
    to Pro; this can be done for $99 each directly from Microsoft. Here is a link that goes into the process.

How To Upgrade Windows 10 Home To Pro Edition

How To Upgrade Windows 10 Home To Pro Edition | Redmond Pie

Have a wonderful day,

Deron C Braun

Presales Support Engineer

DeronBraun, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

1. Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit - Similar Threads - Upgrade Home Pro

2. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  4. Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 Pro on Windows 10 Home machine nonprofit: Hello, I work for a small non-profit 501c3 community television station. We purchased a volume license key for Windows 10 Pro, and have been trying to upgrade some laptops we purchased last year with Windows 10 Pro. They currently have Windows 10 Home. I have downloaded...
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing: We have acquired a few new laptops using Windows 10 Home. we would like to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro using our Volume licensing key However, the Settings/Activation page does not accept the activation key The product ID of a laptop does not have the suggested product...
  6. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license

Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license: I have a company Microsoft 365 Business license. I also have one laptop, purchased using a Microsoft Hotmail account, as Microsoft would not allow to use a company Microsoft 365 account With Microsoft 365 Business license, Windows 10 PRO is included. I wish to upgrade...
  8. Licensing for NonProfit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Licensing for NonProfit: Dear Sir/Madam, I am looking for licencing plan for nonprofit association for various Microsoft products. Once we had such one that expired. the association is called Tsofen Can you help me finding/ Registering to such plan? Thanks, Osama...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account: If a company purchases new computers that have Windows 10 Home editions, can the company purchase Pro upgrade using a business account? It looks like an upgrade can only be done using personal MS accounts, but these are not 'personal' computers. Does anyone know how to go...
  10. Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC)

Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using Nonprofit License (VLSC): I am a volunteer for a nonprofit. I have completed to process of verifying their 501c(3) status. I have access to techsoup and MS Vlsc and have them setup with O365 online. They recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 home. I would like to upgrade it to windows...