Windows 10: Upgrade with OEM key

Discus and support Upgrade with OEM key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello! I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with an OEM key for a while and it hasn't been working. I saw somewhere to use a defaultWindows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CoryAmes, Feb 20, 2020.

1. CoryAmes Win User

Upgrade with OEM key

Hello! I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with an OEM key for a while and it hasn't been working. I saw somewhere to use a defaultWindows 10 Pro key, but the one they provided would not work. Please help. Thanks in advance!

:)

CoryAmes, Feb 20, 2020

2. activation of oem upgrade

This error may be due to an invalid product key. However, you can try the steps provided in these articles:

If you still get the error message after following the steps in the articles, we suggest that you contact the product key distributor to request for a new one.

If you have further concerns, feel free to post

Dennis Mop, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Upgrade with OEM key

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using OEM Disc and key

Hi, Andre

I have the same problem. I have a Windows 10 Pro OEM key and can't enter it directly to force the upgrade.

I read that even if I follow your suggestion, I won't be able to activate the Win 10 Pro (obtained via your easy upgrade method) with my OEM key.

Can you confirm that the OEM key will work to activate the Windows 10 Pro obtained via easy upgrade?

Thanks

Bruno

BrunoPascoal, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade with OEM key

1. Upgrade with OEM key - Similar Threads - Upgrade OEM key

2. Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid: So my pc came preloaded with windows 7, and included an upgrade disk to 8 professional. Around 1/1/22 I started having data corruption issues which after numerous and reapeated attempts at saving the data via copying to another drive\vhd\vhdk\dd etc etc, the drive was finally...
  3. Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to upgrade from oem 7, clean, with 8 oem upgrade to 10 and product key is invalid: So my pc came preloaded with windows 7, and included an upgrade disk to 8 professional. Around 1/1/22 I started having data corruption issues which after numerous and reapeated attempts at saving the data via copying to another drive\vhd\vhdk\dd etc etc, the drive was finally...
  4. oem key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    oem key: Hi so i just bought a oem key and was wandering if i can activate windows but ive already install windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/68c49162-f504-4e7c-8edb-9145cb0143fc
  5. Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to change OEM key to another OEM key: Hello all, I've got second hand laptop yesterday. It is Lenovo T640, which comes with Windows 10 Pro OEM license preinstalled in the BIOS. Unfortunately I'm unable to use this key anymore, because the first owner has reached the limit of activation of this key (I called...
  6. OEM KEY

OEM KEY: CAN I DIRECTLY CONVERT VOLUME KEY TO MY OEM KEY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/51a45d91-66fd-4aea-b9c6-dcb81fe9fe9f
  7. Oem key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oem key: Can i use an oem key after i do a reinstall of windows on the same pc ? submitted by /u/YR_973 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih78sv/oem_key/
  8. oem key

oem key: my laptop comes with windows 10 home i updated my laptop with windows 10 pro oem key,but my laptop did not replace the old key with new one..when i use oem key checker tool it showing old key.what i have to do replace a new oem key in old one?...
  9. oem key

oem key: Hello reset pc is not working on windows surface book pro, so I need to format it, how can I reinstall my oem key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-key/d3959937-f218-42ae-be23-31db8afbdcf0
  10. OEM key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OEM key: hi there pleas i want know whats all problem will happen withe all drivers if i use fake OEM key to active windows 10 . and how i do remove it . i do use : slmgr /dlv slmgr /upk but when i restart laptop i see it actived by same OEM key...