Windows 10: Upgrade woes

Discus and support Upgrade woes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; G'day Currently on 1909 and trying to upgrade to 20H2. I always do clean installs when moving on to a new version of Windows 10 and have thus far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thommo14, Oct 31, 2020.

1. thommo14 Win User

Upgrade woes

G'day

Currently on 1909 and trying to upgrade to 20H2. I always do clean installs when moving on to a new version of Windows 10 and have thus far never experienced any issues using the DVD method.

I earlier began the process of creating a new ISO using the Media Creation Tool. That was fine, but when I went to burn the ISO to DVD (using the 'Burn disc image' option in Windows), it advised there was not enough space.

I've never used or burnt Dual Layer discs, but that's what Microsoft advises using in this type of scenario. Can the built-in image burner in Windows create these discs? If not, can someone recommend a tool for this.

Even better if someone could advise a way of downloading an ISO with exactly what I need so I can get it on my 4.7GB DVD, but I suspect that might not be possible.

Thanks in advance

:)

thommo14, Oct 31, 2020
  2. ukuser231 Win User

Ultimate Upgrade Woes

No worries guys, it was the old Microsoft 'pretending not to work, and then actually working (i.e. upgrading) on re-boot' bug at work again. When Microsoft are such large company, how do they manage to mess up like that - incredible!

Thanks to anyone who took an interest and thought about it though. Cheers!

ukuser231, Oct 31, 2020
  3. swarfega Win User
    preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Upgrade woes

Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Upgrade woes

1. Upgrade woes - Similar Threads - Upgrade woes

2. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  3. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?: Can I upgrade to Windows 11 PRO after installing an OEM windows 10 PRO key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-to-windows-11-pro-after-purchasing-an/c4fe2498-cc57-48fd-aa3b-94e4afb87eeb
  4. Upgrading to Windows 11 PRO after purchasing an OEM windows 10 PRO key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...
  6. download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2

download the Windows Pro 11 for Workstations.iso, so apply this method of upgrade to 23H2: Does Microsoft permits/supports any way of bypass restrictions, Windows 11 Pro installation or upgrade...? I have purchased a USED PC ... from ebay... HP Z640 WORKSTATION, XEON V4, 64GB DDR4, K4200 QUADRO 4GB, TPM 1.2Has Windows 11 Pro 22H2 for Workstations version, and...
  7. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  8. Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11

Windows Activation Status After Upgrade to Windows 11: Hi, After updating to Windows 11 during a recent Windows update, I've been using my laptop for several months without any issues. However, I recently started receiving a message indicating that the Windows license will expire soon. Oddly enough, when I check the settings, it...
  9. MDT Upgrade Woes

MDT Upgrade Woes: Good Afternoon! As part of a process of rebuilding my company's deployed image, I wanted to upgrade my MDT on my deployment server from Build 8450 to 8456. I did this, because as long as I'm building a new image, I might as well have the right stuff on there for Windows 11...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade woes

Windows 7 to 10 upgrade woes: I’ve been trying to upgrade one of our Windows 7 machines to Windows 10, and keep getting a 0x8007025D – 0x2000C error (“Installation failed in SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation”). Our other Win 7 machines have upgraded without a hitch. This one simply...