Windows 10: Upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cairdeas Win User

Upgrade

Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about half way through it just stopped, and left a blue rectangle with windows in white. And I just closed the page. Not sure what to do. Tried 3 times. Thank you x

:)

Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade

1. Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. is cumulative upgrade required?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is cumulative upgrade required?: I have installed Windows 10 1903 update. Should I now install cumulative update of windows 10 1903 update (size 222mb)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cumulative-upgrade-required/4c75aaef-42f4-462f-8c43-15bf0cd5d615
  3. Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bought computer. Upgraded to Windows 10 Professional. Now Windows isn't activated.: I don't have an activation key number and don't know how to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bought-computer-upgraded-to-windows-10/75258809-3a5d-4df0-963a-1c8ed737c0e6"
  4. LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN problem after upgrade to Win10 version 1903: I have 3 computers in my LAN. Since the last upgrade a month ago, My laptop cannot see or find the desktop PC on the network. I have tried disabling firewalls and manually entering the TCP/IP network addresses on the desktop PC but nothing has worked. Has anyone else...
  5. Ram Upgrade thoughts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  6. Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media

Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media: How can I update Windows 10 PCs that are not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-multiple-pcs-from-dvd-or-other-media/7be4d599-0bb5-4514-8f64-7dd76f422bfc
  7. Ram Upgrade thoughts

Ram Upgrade thoughts: Since the time of the ibm 486 this question has been tossed around. 1001 and 1 answers. But does it matter today? Can you upgrade your Ram with mismatch Ram chips? 8 gig plus 4 gig, 2 gig plus 4gig, etc. Are speeds that important? Thanks for your thoughts 136962
  8. Upgraded from W10 1803 to 1903 now I get no video or control of PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgraded from W10 1803 to 1903 now I get no video or control of PC: I have upgraded an HP pavilion p6 series Model: p6-2370ea i3 processor 8Gb Ram. I've been running Windows 10 ver. 1803 for years. Anyway I read that 1803 will soon become 'outdated' therefore decided to upgrade to 1903. After I upgraded it seemed to go OK for a few days then...
  9. activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrading to pro from insider build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation error 0xC004F213 after upgrading to pro from insider build: Today i tried to set remote to desktop but it said that is only available in pro, which i thought i was using from the insider program. so i was offered the upgrade and accepted it. Now it says it cannot activate the upgrade because it cannot find the key! I cant find the...
  10. Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE

Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE: BEFORE SHOOTING A GENERIC MICROSOFT ANSWER TO ME . . .PLEASE READ THE DETAILS AND STEPS THAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE! Okay . . .So here is whats going on. I have the following system and os: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393...