Windows 10: Upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cairdeas Win User

Upgrade

Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about half way through it just stopped, and left a blue rectangle with windows in white. And I just closed the page. Not sure what to do. Tried 3 times. Thank you x

:)

Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade

1. Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Activation after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after upgrade.: Just upgraded PC. had windows before. now saying need to reactivate. have been through all trouble shoot and still not letting me activate. have no idea where aproduct key is. don't really wanna buy a new license when I shouldn't have tyo. any help please?...
  3. Nokia lumia635 upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nokia lumia635 upgrade to windows 10: How can it upgrade my nokia lumia 635to windows10. The Microsoft website says it eligible to ugrade but my phone says its up to date. Do it need to have my SIM card to upgrade it?...
  4. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  5. last upgrade windows 10

last upgrade windows 10: During upgrade 12.2018 I have got this: "You cannot install Windows on a USB flash drive by using the Setup program" , but I did not try to do this. Error code was 0xc1900201. Maybe somebody knows what it is? Windows Troubleshooting does not help....
  6. upgrading manually to latest version of windows 10

upgrading manually to latest version of windows 10: I have windows 10 installed on my PC already. When I click on the windows update assistant app on my desktop it tells me to upgrade to the latest version of windows. When I click on update it goes through the protocol and always freees and stops at 81%. I have read a...
  7. Can I upgrade windows 10 to windows 11?

Can I upgrade windows 10 to windows 11?: Many of my programs want windows 11 and the latest internet explorer. How do I get windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-windows-11/c15fa3de-d1f5-4b72-8206-1155685e06e0
  8. Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup

Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Backup: I have the latest version 1809 and last update available as of this date. I cannot find a way to run backup without getting an error 0x80070013 eventually during the backup. I have a clean 8TB Seagate drive and get the same message as that on my 5TB Seagate backup drive....
  9. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7: Over the past few days, I've been working to get my desktop to Windows 10. Right now, it's on Windows 7x64. I've tried: * Windows Media Creation Tool A) "Upgrade this PC now" B) "Create installation media" * USB drive from the creation tool A) Booting to it B)...
  10. UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR When trying to upgrade to 1809

UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR When trying to upgrade to 1809: Hello, Whenever I try to run Windows Update in order to upgrade my Windows to version 1809 (actually 1803) I get the unsupported processor BSoD after restarting the computer, my current configuration is: Model: Laptop Acer es-573 CPU: i5 5200U RAM: 6GB Boot Config:...