Windows 10: Upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cairdeas Win User

Upgrade

Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about half way through it just stopped, and left a blue rectangle with windows in white. And I just closed the page. Not sure what to do. Tried 3 times. Thank you x

:)

Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade

1. Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Upgrade Assistant From 1809 to 1903 Stuck at 27%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Assistant From 1809 to 1903 Stuck at 27%: Greetings I haven't gotten the Feature Update notification in Update and Security, so I decided to download the Upgrade Assistant to do the update manually. I ran the download assistant and got 3 green check marks. The update seemed to download without incident. The...
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 due to IRQL and jraid.sys: Thought I'd bite the bullet and "upgrade" my 64 bit windows 7 PC to windows 10, as Win7 is apparently about to become obsolete. Big waste of a day. Initially the upgrade program didn't like that I had Security Essentials installed, so Windows made me uninstall it (seriously...
  4. Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA with error...

Windows 10 May 2019 upgrade failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase during MIGRATE_DATA with error...: Hi I downloaded the latest version of Windows 10 (May 2019) with the Media Creation tool and made several attempts to perform an in place upgrade of my desktop PC. I've successfully performed in place upgrades on several PCs using the same USB drive created using the Media...
  5. Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 failure of AMD SMBUS driver on MSI 785GTM-E45 system

Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 failure of AMD SMBUS driver on MSI 785GTM-E45 system: I have tried several times to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a PC with a MSI 785GTM-E4 motherboard with 8GB of memory. It seems to get through most of the process and even gets to the point where it reboots the PC and comes up with the Windows 10 initial screen with the...
  6. Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade

Windows 10 Education- Repair Upgrade: I recently had various problems with Windows, So I'm going to perform a repair upgrade. Recently I upgraded to version 1903. I'm currently using Windows 10 Education 64bit edition. I don't want to lose my personal files and apps. Just want to fix problems. How do I do that?...
  7. can i go back to windows 8.1 after an upgrade to windows 10

can i go back to windows 8.1 after an upgrade to windows 10: my laptop has not worked properly since upgrading (without my approval) to windows 10. i recently decided that restoring my computer by uninstalling EVERYTHING on my laptop and reinstalling windows. Unfortunately it reinstalled windows 10 and now it works even worse than...
  8. Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903

Wrong time in the taskbar after upgrade to 1903: Hi, [ATTACH]I upgraded my computer to 1903, everything works as it should, but I just don't see it legibly (see strange characters only) time in the main bar, see screen. All attempts to repair failed. (I tried sfc / scannow) I copied the fonts from install.wim,...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Edition 1809 upgrade to 1903 , unable to reserved user data.

Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation Edition 1809 upgrade to 1903 , unable to reserved user data.: My laptap is ASUS China mainland version(Genuine Windows10 Home Edition pre-installed).The hard disk was formated before the Enterprise Edition's installation. I downloaded the iso file, used the virtual drive created by the U disk to install Windows10 Enterprise Evaluation...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017

Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 fails error 0xC1900101 - 0x200017: I recently received a warning screen from Microsoft to tell me my Windows 7 is going end-of-life in January 2020. I don't want to be unsupported so I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, as my computer spec is OK for the upgrade in terms of hardware and software; so I bought a...