Windows 10: Upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cairdeas Win User

Upgrade

Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about half way through it just stopped, and left a blue rectangle with windows in white. And I just closed the page. Not sure what to do. Tried 3 times. Thank you x

:)

Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade

1. Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation After Hardware upgrade: I bought Windows 8 in 2013 and did the free Windows 10 upgrade. I no longer have access to my original Windows 8 product key. I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. when I tried to activate windows 10 it gives me an error code: 0x803F7001. My Windows 10 was linked...
  3. hi. unable to upgrade slotomaina new games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hi. unable to upgrade slotomaina new games: hi. unable to update slotmania new games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-unable-to-upgrade-slotomaina-new-games/d7d6be41-f163-46e3-b194-14663f4dc107
  4. Can not complete Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not complete Upgrade: Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with...
  5. Can not complete Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not complete Upgrade: Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with...
  6. Can not compleat Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not compleat Upgrade: Hi, I am using an old computer to text you. My computer downloaded the latest upgrade but it stops at the dos screen to decide to continue the upgrade. But I have no access to the keyboard or the mouse to continue. The key and mouse are functional, as I have checked with...
  7. Windows Upgrade Won't Work

Windows Upgrade Won't Work: I have bought a new computer and it had Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased Windows 10 Pro and had it installed on my last computer but when I put the key into the upgrade it tells me it can't do it and I should click 'Troubleshoot below' but there is no Troubleshoot link....
  8. windows10 upgrade of the 2019-02-15 created problems

windows10 upgrade of the 2019-02-15 created problems: Hi just to let you know that the latest Win 10 updates made on my computer on the 15 of February incapacitated my computer in several ways: 1. the Canadian French keyboard stopped working: no more superimposition of accent and letter and the accent was written twice 2. the...
  9. Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade

Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade: Is there a Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 that does not wipe out all the programs that I currently have loaded and run in Windows 7? Are there any negatives in doing it this way as opposed to loading a fresh copy of Windows 10?. Thanks.....
  10. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence: I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid. I have re-installed the OS from...