Windows 10: Upgrade

Discus and support Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Cairdeas Win User

Upgrade

Hi. I have a laptop which I updated from 8 to 8.1 . I now want to update to 10. I read I had to use the media creation tool. It started fine, and about half way through it just stopped, and left a blue rectangle with windows in white. And I just closed the page. Not sure what to do. Tried 3 times. Thank you x

:)

Cairdeas, Dec 6, 2018
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Upgrade

1. Upgrade - Similar Threads - Upgrade

2. Windows won't allow me to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't allow me to upgrade: Hello, Currently brand new computer, came with Windows 10 Home 32 bit installed. I wanted to upgrade it to 64 bit since I have the license key for the program and I also checked several times that indeed this is a 64bit capable build. I can only find...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade key: I had Windows 10 Home edition. Last year I bought an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Order number 2093804034 I elected to join the Windows Insider Program (to get DX12 ahead of time) and this all worked fine. I then upgraded my Motherboard and CPU and now it says I must...
  4. Fix Windows Upgrade Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Upgrade Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D: [ATTACH] When upgrading, if the Windows Setup fails with Error Code 8007001F – 0x3000D, then technically it means that there is a problem with the user profile migration on the computer. The exact cause in technical terms is: The installation failed in [...] This post Fix...
  5. upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809.

upgrade from WIN 10 version 1803 to WIN 10 1809.: while updating from 1803 version to 1809 version I am getting error code 0xc1900201 and message " We could not update the system reserved partition. pl guide me how to overcome this problem....
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 10 Upgrade: I have (multiple) windows 10 Pro licenses and keys available, as a result of my MSDN account. I also have Windows 10 Home installed at home, and wanted to upgrade, so I could do Docker development. Windows will not accept any of the license keys Microsoft provides from the...
  7. Activation after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after upgrade.: Just upgraded PC. had windows before. now saying need to reactivate. have been through all trouble shoot and still not letting me activate. have no idea where aproduct key is. don't really wanna buy a new license when I shouldn't have tyo. any help please?...
  8. Nokia lumia635 upgrade to windows 10

Nokia lumia635 upgrade to windows 10: How can it upgrade my nokia lumia 635to windows10. The Microsoft website says it eligible to ugrade but my phone says its up to date. Do it need to have my SIM card to upgrade it?...
  9. Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10 Upgrade error: [ATTACH] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 from an older version of the same is not so simple. No matter if you are using the Windows 10 [...] This post Fix The display is not compatible with Windows 10...
  10. last upgrade windows 10

last upgrade windows 10: During upgrade 12.2018 I have got this: "You cannot install Windows on a USB flash drive by using the Setup program" , but I did not try to do this. Error code was 0xc1900201. Maybe somebody knows what it is? Windows Troubleshooting does not help....