Windows 10: upgrade

Discus and support upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can I still upgrade from win7 to win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade/b9f7632f-16ff-40d5-b747-4a2a5cf74c2c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeCardone1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. upgrade

can I still upgrade from win7 to win 10?

:)

JoeCardone1, Mar 4, 2020
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Mar 4, 2020
  4. upgrade

No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

upgrade

1. upgrade - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading itself - No more Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading itself - No more Movie Maker: The latest upgrade that Windows 10 did, eliminated Windows Movie Maker and Windows Photo Viewer. I used both programs all the time and really miss them. I know that the new "photo" program has a lot of features but it does not replace both programs very well. I reinstalled a...
  3. upgrading to MS Office Family

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to MS Office Family: Hi, I have the personal MS Office package and I want to upgrade the the Family pack. Their system wants to take the full payment for the new package. I thought they would take the difference between the 2 packages? What I wanted to know is will MS give me a refund for the...
  4. Files locked when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files locked when upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10: I had windows 7 system and I though it is time to go to windows 10, but now a lot of my files are locked with lock icon https://prnt.sc/rrd2xw and I can't open them. A lot of the files are not stored anywhere else just on my PC and if I try to open then it shows "You don't...
  5. Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading it's self - No more Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I stop Windows 10 from upgrading it's self - No more Movie Maker: The latest upgrade that Windows 10 did, eliminated Windows Movie Maker and Windows Photo Viewer. I used both programs all the time and really miss them. I know that the new "photo" program has a lot of features but it does not replace both programs very well. I reinstalled a...
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro received non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise: Yesterday I purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store upgrading from Windows 10 S & received confirmation email showing that is what I purchased. My laptop now shows I have Windows 10 Enterprise & is telling me it is not activated. When I run the...
  7. Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Massive performance drop and file issues after upgrading to Windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 yesterday, prior to that everything worked fine o my PC. Now things are sluggish and slow to respond, even using google chrome has become slower. I also have issues accessing my own files from before the upgrade. I cannot play any of my old video...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 upgrade leading to games crashing on startup: I just upgraded to windows 10 a couple of days ago from windows 7. Before updating all my games worked fine, but after certain games just crash when I try to launch them. Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module...
  9. "activate windows" watermark appearing suddenly; had genuine Windows 8, got free upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "activate windows" watermark appearing suddenly; had genuine Windows 8, got free upgrade to...: Like the title says, I bought my laptop several years ago with Windows 8 installed on it. At some point, Microsoft "upgraded" me to Windows 10. Now, after a system update, I am getting the "Activate Windows" watermark. I run the troubleshooter and it says I need to buy...
  10. Upgraded laptop to W10 from W8, reset this PC won't complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgraded laptop to W10 from W8, reset this PC won't complete: I am trying to reset a laptop, removing all files and cleaning the drive. I get "There was a problem resetting your PC." Any ideas on how to remedy? Thanks....