Windows 10: upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

Discus and support upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; trying to figure something out whenever a person goes into a new windows feature update version the windows defender task scheduler on my end reverts... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonSummey, Jun 19, 2020.

1. upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

trying to figure something out whenever a person goes into a new windows feature update version the windows defender task scheduler on my end reverts to 11/30/99 now yesterday the 4th task windows defender verification ran and i'm trying to figure out when will other 3 tasks run because they are still saying 11/30/99 windows defender cache mainentence windows defender cleanup and windows defender scheduler<-when do they start scanning today or tomorrow?

also i'm still supposed to received summary scan notification in cation center from maintence time to time rime right because i haven't seen it come up yet since going into 2004 windows update back on tues

:)

JasonSummey, Jun 19, 2020

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&amp;H, Jun 19, 2020
  4. mwidunn Win User

upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler?

I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows
    > Windows Defender.

I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I believe that I deleted the whole task (when I thought I was just deleting its properties and triggers).

Is there any way to get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in the list of tasks?

Thanks!

mwidunn, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans

1. upgraded 1909 to 2004 tues want to know when windows defender task scheduler scans - Similar Threads - upgraded 1909 2004

2. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  3. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  4. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  6. windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice

windows defender task scheduler seems to be broken after going 1909 to 2004 happpened twice: so long story short i 1st went into 2004 back on 16th of last month all 4 tasks when you go into a new version will always get reset no task run now on 3rd day verification scan runs and afterwards windows defender cache windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler...
  7. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?

Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?: I installed Build 10074 as a clean install in a VM. I see Windows Defender running a quick scan MANY times per day. I would prefer it run a quick scan once a week. I disabled the built in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan scheduled task. Windows re-enabled the task, and...