Windows 10: Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...

Discus and support Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased Windows Pro on four PC's ($99 upgrade through the Store). Upon reboot, two of the computers upgraded to Pro and activated just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TatianaHartlmaier, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...

I recently purchased Windows Pro on four PC's ($99 upgrade through the Store). Upon reboot, two of the computers upgraded to Pro and activated just fine. However, the other two now show that they are running Windows 10 Enterprise and they fail to activate, saying the previous version of Windows was not activated before upgrading to Windows 10.

All of the PC's were running legit Windows 10 Home that came installed on the PC's from Lenovo.

How do I fix this? There are no product keys associated with my orders so I can't manually enter the key.

:)

TatianaHartlmaier, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Mr. Okapi Win User

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

I had home. I used the store app to get home but when it upgraded editions to pro it installed enterprise instead, which is what i didnt purchase

Mr. Okapi, Oct 12, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows10 Home to Enterprise Upgrade Purchased

Hi JohnnyFRX

Can i assume you purchased the Pro upgrade, not the Enterprise upgrade - the Enterprise edition is not for personal use, it is fro companies and organisations . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

What Edition is listed there, is it Pro or Enterprise?

DaveM121, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Awesoft Win User

Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...

Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise:

• Can't update to TH2
    • Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows").

Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead... [​IMG]

So now I have a unknown-hybrid version? *Confused

Awesoft, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead...

1. Upgraded 4 PC's from Home to Pro. Two upgraded fine. Two upgraded to "Enterprise" instead... - Similar Threads - Upgraded PC's Home

2. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  3. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  4. Upgraded from Home to Pro

Upgraded from Home to Pro: I have Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro. My Question is, It does uses the same activation key, right ? I got NO email with a new key tho. My Microsoft account didn't told me on anything with a new key. . .....so .... I am all good with the same key...
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  6. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition: Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise....
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  9. Upgrade from home to pro

Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro

Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"