Windows 10: Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

Discus and support Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Help! I recently upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate laptop, Dell Precision M6800, to Win 10 Pro. I used the USB media created at the MS link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MWGlaze, Apr 14, 2020.

1. MWGlaze Win User

Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

Help!

I recently upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate laptop, Dell Precision M6800, to Win 10 Pro. I used the USB media created at the MS link. It seemed to be 100% successful except on one minor application. It indicated that it was fully activated but the next day, upon boot-up with zero changes, it now indicates it is not activated. I have 30 laptops that need to upgraded to Win 10. This was my test deployment of that O/S and I was told by Dell that as long as I started with a fully activated PC Win 10 should accept that license and also be fully activated. I don't want to buy new licenses if it is avoidable especially since I purchased the laptops with Win 7 installed and a license for Win 10 Pro. None of these laptops can be connected to the INTERNET and there is no access to a KMS server or Volume License Key.

I have intentionally used build 1809 to preserve the telephonic activation option but when I attempted it indicated that the installation ID was invalid.

Any Suggestions?

Michael Glaze

:)

MWGlaze, Apr 14, 2020

2. DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

I refer to the following Microsoft Community Team’s query:

“……Remember that question you asked on
    Microsoft Community
    a few days ago?

Title:
    DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO

We noticed that the question hasn't been marked as Answered yet and we were wondering if you resolved the issue.

The issue “DOWNGRADE TO WIN 7 ULTIMATE and UPGRADE TO WIN 10 PRO” is unanswered. The suggestion to refer to the link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
    does not answer my query as well. I knew the prerequisites of upgrading to Win 10 from either Win 7 Ultimate or Win 8.1 Home as I have read the min. requirements/machine
    specifications to upgrade directly either from the aforesaid OSes beforehand. The issue is whether from Win 8.1 Home downgrade to Win 7 Ultimate and from thereafter upgrade to Win 10 Pro possible without technicality issues. Nevertheless, since I cannot wait
    for either a reply to the abovementioned issue (or my reservation to upgrade from Win 8.1 Home), I then gathered/downloaded bits and pieces of probable drivers for my machine, formatted my HDD (1TB) for more than 18 hours, clean install Win 7 Ultimate SP1,
    activated using my previously purchased license and ran Windows afterwards, ran updates until repetitive error (around 25 KB updates failed to install many times) popped up during tiresome cyclic updates process. Fed-up with the errors after failed tries to
    source answers from Microsoft Community, I tried my luck by upgrading to Win 10 Pro. After couple of days, viola, I have upgraded to Win 10 Pro finally, whew! Now I am running this machine with Win 10 Pro for a couple of days now, being up to date and running
    very well. Hopefully no problem/s will arise.

Thank to those suggestions though.

TheGragasins, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Megahertz Win User
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated.
    I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10 installation disk.
    It installed Win 10 Pro but did not Activate. It says that it found a Win 7 Home license and that I should install Win 10 Home.
    The Laptop has a Win 7 Pro COA sticker on the back but the last 4 digits are damaged so I can't use it as a valid key.

Why it found a Win 7 Home license if it was upgraded from a activated Win 7 Pro?
    How can I upgrade to Win 10 Home from a Win 7 Pro as Win 10 setup doesn't ask witch version I what to install?

Megahertz, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

Win 10 Pro Free Activation with Dual Boot Win 7 Pro

I have Win 7 Pro installed

I have installed Win10 Pro from ISO to separate partition

Dual boot is working fine

If I use my Win 7 Pro Activation Key to activate Win 10 Pro I have the following questions:

Will Win10 Activate for free?

Wil Win 7 continue to be usable?

Douglas DTAE, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few...

1. Upgraded a fully activated Win 7 Ultimate/Pro to Win 10 Pro - Activation fails after a few... - Similar Threads - Upgraded fully activated

2. Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Win 7 Pro to Win 8.1 Activation.: The restore point was Windows 7 PRO. However, the PC was running 8.1 prior to the system restore. How do I get my License to covert back to 8.1 when I'm on 7 Pro. Thank you...
  3. Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Pro product key unable to activate Win 10 Pro: First, a little backstory. I previously bought a Windows 7 Pro key from a third party seller so that I could upgrade from Win 7 home to pro, and also wipe all the bloatware off a Dell Inspiron laptop. That laptop has since died hardware failure of some kind. I recently built...
  4. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  5. Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro

Repeatedly failed win 7 pro upgrade to win 10 pro: I've tried to upgrade my win 7 pro 64 to win 10 pro 64 for years on and off. I saved the WIN 10 ISO 1909 and thought that I would try again before the end of support. It kept failing until I tried to use anytime upgrade using my win 7 pro license key. Time was running short...
  6. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  7. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade: Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my...
  8. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro

Win 10 won't upgrade legal activated win 7 pro: Windows 10 Media-creation tool downloads and runs up until the point where it puts out a message that there is a problem with the Windows 7 product key. (sorry, I don't have the exact text at the moment) This Windows 7 Pro 64 is an unquestionably legal oem installed OS and...