Windows 10: upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files.

Discus and support upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files. Is there any file or configuration I can change that will let me fetch one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by laurelpogue, Oct 25, 2019.

1. upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files.

upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files. Is there any file or configuration I can change that will let me fetch one drive files?

What configuration in 8.1 prevents it from communicating with One Drive? Is this a flaw, a mistake in windows?

Thank you.

laurelp52

:)

laurelpogue, Oct 25, 2019

2. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Cannot fetch files with one drive

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums. 

We regret the inconvenience caused after upgrading to Windows 10.

When you say fetching files, are you referring to syncing offline files?

I suggest you to change your Microsoft Account to Local Account and then change back again to Microsoft.

•Type Settings on the search box present on the Taskbar, then click on Account.

•On your account page, under the User name and User ID, you will be able to see
    "Disconnect" option.

•Click on Disconnect and follow the on-line instructions.

Refer to these steps to convert Local User Account into Microsoft Account:

•Type Settings on the search box present on the Taskbar, then click on Account.

•Click on Connect to Microsoft Account and follow the online instructions.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Oct 25, 2019
  4. upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files.

Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMupgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files. :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files.

1. upgraded an 8.1 pc to win10 pro, but still can't fetch one drive files. - Similar Threads - upgraded win10 pro

2. Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive: I've tried everything to get rid of One Drive. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it will not go away. I uninstalled One Drive, and my system settings show that my SSD drive is default for all my file types. Still, to not have files save to One Drive, I have to go to...
  3. Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled One Drive, set internal drive to my PC, files still save to One Drive: I've tried everything to get rid of One Drive. I don't want it, I don't need it, and it will not go away. I uninstalled One Drive, and my system settings show that my SSD drive is default for all my file types. Still, to not have files save to One Drive, I have to go to...
  4. Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro on my HDD. I bought a new SSD today and I install Windows 10. When I logged in with my Microsoft account It says "Windows 10 Home Single Language" under Activation Tab. How can I use my existing Windows 10 Pro key on my New SSD? Have a nice day!...
  5. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  6. windows 8 pro upgrade

windows 8 pro upgrade: my laptop came with windows 8 pro . what I understand is that windows 8 key is preset in BIOS. But when i upgraded to widnows 10 it upgraded to Home edition. I tried going to " upgrade to windows 10 pro" in microsoft store. but its asking me for key. what should i do....
  7. This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10

This pc can't be upgraded to WIN10: Last few days, my pc gets updates prompt, but always freezes and failed to complete the update when I activated the update. So I had to forced restart it and PC undoing the changes made. I don't know what is this issue. This problem now re-appears after more than one year....
  8. Upgrade to Win10 pro

Upgrade to Win10 pro: My PC originally had Win7 premium installed and I have the original product key. It has had several auto upgrades and is now running Win19 Home and has a different key. How can I use the original key to get Win10 pro without extra charge?...
  9. Upgrading to Win10 Pro

Upgrading to Win10 Pro: I have Win 10 Home edition and would like to replace it with Pro and have all my installed apps under Pro. Can I do this and how? Thank you very much. 36545
  10. You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now

in Windows 10 Support
    You Can Upgrade to Win10 Pro for a £1 Now: If you are running Windows 10 Home Edition and want to upgrade to Pro you can do it for about £1 English or 14:99 Swedish kroner. To do this click on Start then Settings. Now click on Update and Security then on Activation and you will see the option to upgrade. Click on...