Windows 10: Upgraded and running Win10 now, but BSoD on AMD drivers

Discus and support Upgraded and running Win10 now, but BSoD on AMD drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I reserved, Upgraded and now running win10 smoothly except for an occasional Blue Screen Internal_power_error (probably caused by AMD) I have HD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Tarik, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Tarik Win User

Upgraded and running Win10 now, but BSoD on AMD drivers

Hi

I reserved, Upgraded and now running win10 smoothly except for an occasional Blue Screen Internal_power_error (probably caused by AMD) I have HD 8750m card and installed the Win10 drivers from AMD website.

Thanks

:)

Tarik, Jul 29, 2015
  2. dLightas Win User

BSOD After AMD driver uninstall.

I have uninstalled old AMD drivers, then restarted PC and got BSOD. After that I entered safemode and deleted AMD left overs, now I get another BSOD at startup in normal mode.

There are two Minidump files, after normal uninstall of AMD drivers, and after cleaning leftovers from AMD drivers.

At this moment I get rtkvhd64.sys BSOD. Some people say this is realtek drivers problem, week ago I have updated them, but everything was ok..

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1B6322012D51EB4C!1928&authkey=!AJrugIp56n6KjJ4&ithint=folder,

dLightas, Jul 29, 2015
  3. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR on Win10 and 8.x

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.

I kind of already did delete and re-installed the drivers on Win8.1 and again on Win10. However, I'm going to follow your instructions and try again. Do you mean the drivers of my AMD GPU or the Intel HD4600 drivers?

I am quite sure that it's not the AMD GPU (and the drivers) which is giving me these BSOD's. Windows itself would be kind of strange because I just did a fresh install of Win10. I've already checked and re-installed the drivers of the motherboard chipset
    but that also didn't help. Could it be the DirectX drivers?

LucCabrito, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Nemix Win User

What's the make and model of your laptop?

Some detailed hardware specs could help diagnose the problem too.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    There are a lot of INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR BSODs going on with ATI mobile GPU drivers at the moment, I am looking into it but have yet to find a fix so far. The best option would be to check your laptop vendor's website to see if they are hosting Windows 10 drivers specific for their hardware.

Boozad, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Tarik Win User
    Its HP Probook 450 G1,

so far I tried the Windows 10 drivers on the AMD website, the drivers in Windows update, and the drivers from HP, nothing solved the problem, I barely had time to write this post

Thanks!

Edit: Vasvaska on HP forums gave this solution I'm going to try out, LINK

Tarik, Jul 29, 2015
  7. ABHIonPC Win User
    I have the exact same laptop, and was having the same problem. So i reverted back to Win 8.1. Hey Tarik, have you found the solution to work? I'm eagerly waiting for a reply.

ABHIonPC, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Tarik Win User

Its been 1 hr now since i did it, no BSoD so far, will try some games

Tarik, Jul 29, 2015
  9. ABHIonPC Win User
    Any luck? Reply soon, thanks.

ABHIonPC, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Tarik Win User
    It works fine no BSoD, other users try it if it works then spread the solution

Tarik, Jul 29, 2015
  11. ABHIonPC Win User
    I did everything up until step 6. When i try updating my driver from device manager, it says upto date. I've done about 15-20 times, no luck. Help me out...

ABHIonPC, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Tarik Win User
    here's what I did without disabling/enabling dGPU

Uninstall all amd drivers
    Restart
    Check if Windows automatically updated AMD drivers in device manager , if not continue
    Install drivers from AMD website (15.7.1)
    Restart
    Go to Device manager and check for update, it should fine update and change the name from 8600/8700 to AMD HD 8750m
    Restart
    Enjoy no BSoD Windows 10!

Tarik, Jul 30, 2015
  13. Tarik Win User

Abhi did this work for you?

Tarik, Jul 30, 2015
  14. ABHIonPC Win User
    When I returned to Win8.1, I saw a GFX card update in Windows Update. After installing that update, my card was now named, "AMD Radeon HD 8750M". Should i update to Windows 10 now?

ABHIonPC, Jul 31, 2015
  15. Tarik Win User
    after you update to Win10, windows will automatically re update your drivers, if it keeps giving you BSoD , try steps on Win10
    Uninstall all amd drivers
    Restart
    Check if Windows automatically updated AMD drivers in device manager , if not continue
    Install drivers from AMD website (15.7.1)
    Restart
    Go to Device manager and check for update, it should fine update and change the name from 8600/8700 to AMD HD 8750m
    Restart

Tarik, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Upgraded and running Win10 now, but BSoD on AMD drivers - Similar Threads - Upgraded running Win10

2. BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after updating AMD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE after updating AMD driver: I'm using Windows 10 my laptop is ASUS TUF Gaming FX506VI, and I updated the AMD software but at the end of the update I suddenly got BSOD with code KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREProcessor AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 8,00 GB 7,42 GB usable...
  3. Cleaning out the old Intel drivers on Win 10 now running an AMD build

Cleaning out the old Intel drivers on Win 10 now running an AMD build: Several months ago I upgraded my rig from an old ASUS P9 board with Intel 3930k to a new ASUS board running AMD 3900X. After fixing a problem relating to defective RAM, my new system has been absolutely rock solid for over two months now. Not a single BSOD, *Smile which is...
  4. Updated Win10 now PC is running awfully

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated Win10 now PC is running awfully: Earlier this month I performed a windows 10 update as it asked me to do (not to 2004), and since completing that update my CPU has been struggling. It tanks and freezes when doing my usual things, Steam is constantly freezing my PC and it's getting really frustrating. Specs:...
  5. After Win10 upgrade now the computer

After Win10 upgrade now the computer: After upgrading my Desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro I decided to upgrade a few things on my self build desktop box. I had an old GSkull SSD 120GB as C: running just OS and some programs.I bought a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD 250GB drive for $49. The Samsung Migration software worked...
  6. BSOD Thread stuck in device driver - AMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Thread stuck in device driver - AMD: Hello. I`m getting a bsod after a while, tried everthing possible, no luck. Even with a clean windows install and gpu and chipset drivers. A fun fact is my directx installer dxwebsetup never worked in this pc even with clean install, i always had to download DirectX...
  7. BSOD after Win10 upgrade and updating Intel 4600 graphics drivers.

BSOD after Win10 upgrade and updating Intel 4600 graphics drivers.: Upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8.1... All seemed well. Downloaded updated Windows 10 drivers for my integrated graphics card this morning and had BSOD after the required reboot and have not been able to boot normally since. First BSOD said...
  8. VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD + AMD Drivers Problem

VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL BSOD + AMD Drivers Problem: I am sorry that I cannot post my entire situation here because I am on my phone, but I have a thread on Microsoft forums that I made when I had access to my computer. Currently, I can't sign in to Winfoes without it giving me this BSOD after 15 seconds. So I am contemplating...
  9. Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade

Win10 BSOD: Thread Stuck in Device Driver after GPU upgrade: Hi Everyone, this is my first thread on your forum, which I'm following from quite some time since it offers nice solutions to common (and not common) problems. I'm having a bad case of repeating BSODs with error code: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER. I followed all the...
  10. BSOD installing AMD graphics driver

BSOD installing AMD graphics driver: Hi, I have been facing this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I try to install AMD Graphics driver, my system crashes. Can someone suggest a solution for this? Thanks in advance!! 81179