Windows 10: Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems

Discus and support Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I reverted to win7, then upgraded to win10, still no Matshita DVD drive, but can now get into my BIOS. The Matshita DVD Drive is shown as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by metro5053, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Private Win User

Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems

Look at that, nothing wrong with the laptop, right?

Windows uses controller driver to make any attached peripherals works in its environment. For this, it is the IDE ATA\ATAPI Controllers, you will need to update this driver from what have been installed by Windows setup.

If your ASUS A53Z is an AMD based chipset, download the updated AMD Chipset Drivers. Download 32-bit or 64-bit. Run the downloaded file which will extract the files to your hard drive and may update some drivers, reboot when done.

Now, can you see the drive yet? If not, the driver installer might not update the controller driver and we have to do it manually.

Win + X, choose Device Manager
    Expand IDE ATA\ATAPI Controllers, right click on Standard SATA AHCI Controller and click Update Driver Software...
    Click on Browse my computer for driver software
    Browse to where the AMD installer extracted the files, it should be C:\AMD
    Make sure the box for Include subfolders is checked then click on Next
    It should update the driver and rename it to AMD SATA Controller
    Click on Close and reboot.

Private, Jan 31, 2016
  2. metro5053 Win User

Thanks Private.
    Really appreciated, got my DVD drive back. Followed your instructions, the automatic install didn't work followed you manual instructions and hey presto now got my Drive back.
    Thanks a million, I did have thoughts of throwing it in the trash, but now I am glad I did not
    Regards
    Bob
    Australind
    Western Australia

metro5053, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Private Win User
    Glad to help, glad you have it resolved and you are welcome. *Smile

Private, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems

1. Upgraded Asus Laptop A53Z DVD drive problems - Similar Threads - Upgraded Asus Laptop

2. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  3. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  4. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DVD drive problems

DVD drive problems: Neither the internal nor an external USB DVD drive are able to be accessed Toshiba satellite 55 laptop. Device Manager states; "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19". "This PC" APP...
  6. DVD Drive problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DVD Drive problem: Upgraded from 7 to 10 years ago. Had a virus and had to wipe and reinstall from download. DVD drive is visible but will not read https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive-problem/210cbbdf-22cd-42b2-974a-4d924c1d20a1
  7. dvd drive problem.

dvd drive problem.: DVD sounds as though it's working, in "This PC" DVD RW Drive "D" Shows name of inserted dvd but won't play. Under wording is "0 bytes free of 6.84 GB". Have tried most things including downloading another dvd app but no joy. Have considered uninstalling and reinstalling...
  8. Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!

Laptop DVD Drive will not close!!: So many many months ago my DVD drive stopped working.. It just did not open no matter how many times I pressed the button on the side. It also never opened when right clicking and selecting Eject on the D: DVD drive option in Devices & Drives. But a few days ago, I searched...
  9. DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop

DVD Drive not working on Asus X455LJ Laptop: Hello I have the following DVD drive: [ATTACH] and Windows Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 When I place a DVD in the drive nothing happens and if I go to the drive and double click it from the it shows nothing in the drive. I know the disc have content on them because they...
  10. DVD Drive Problem

DVD Drive Problem: I have an external DVD drive connected via USB. I burned 3 DVDs successfully, but when I try to open the third one it says files waiting to be burned to disc but only shows a desktop.ini file instead of the 8 videos I burned. Does anyone know how to fix this? 103104