Windows 10: Upgraded computer OS

Discus and support Upgraded computer OS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased a refurbished computer it had windows 10 but, I just got a notice to delete the old OS. I am lost of what to do if I delete the old OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenWoodard1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Upgraded computer OS

I purchased a refurbished computer it had windows 10 but, I just got a notice to delete the old OS. I am lost of what to do if I delete the old OS will I be able to recover my files if I have a system problem?

:)

HelenWoodard1, Oct 15, 2019

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit Sleep Wakes Up on Multiple Computers

Someone suggested I look at all the drivers list before and after the upgrade. I did, nothing found/changed in drivers.

What I did discover was that after the KB4503327 upgrade, if I put the computer to sleep mode (via power menu,) I discovered the computer wakes up after the minutes set in the "turn off screen".
    So, if the screen shutoff were five minutes and I put the computer to sleep, it would wake up after that amount of time, then turn the screens off after another time period of five minutes.

At this point, I have set the screen turn-off to "never" and any other sleep mode to "never".
    Then, when I put the computer to sleep, it stays asleep.

This issue was never seen until this OS upgrade was installed in the system.

My next step is to upgrade the video adapter (something from 2007) to a new and different model adapter to see if that corrects this issue, or not. For now, my work-around is to set "never" in "sleep mode".

catholicfocus, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Upgraded computer OS

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded computer OS

1. Upgraded computer OS - Similar Threads - Upgraded computer

2. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  3. How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I upgrade my Windows 8.1 computer to Windows 11 now?: I know I have to purchase Windows 10 and upgrade to it, then use the free upgrade to Windows 11, but I don’t know how to safely do this, and where to legally/safely purchase Windows 10.Thanks...
  4. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  5. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...: I built my PC in 2019 and activated windows 10 with a product key I bought. I had no issues until I recently upgraded my CPU. The activate windows watermark came back so I went into the troubleshoot settings of activation and clicked I recently upgraded parts of this PC and...
  6. My computer is telling me to activate windows after I upgraded the CPU, how do I reactivate...

7. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  8. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  9. Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to...: Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to be working except boot up. It takes 10 to 12 MINUTES to turn or restart. I have a slightly older but powerful I& computer with SSD and Hard drive as well as an 8 GB video card and 32 GB...
  10. Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to...

Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to...: Monday 3-12-24 I upgraded my computer from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything seems to be working except boot up. It takes 10 to 12 MINUTES to turn or restart. I have a slightly older but powerful I& computer with SSD and Hard drive as well as an 8 GB video card and 32 GB...