Windows 10: Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

Discus and support Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All.I need to speak to someone from Microsoft. I have exhausted all help options regarding this and just keep going on the same merry go around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ben Nugent, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

Hi All.I need to speak to someone from Microsoft. I have exhausted all help options regarding this and just keep going on the same merry go around without ever actually getting to speak to support. I have tried all suggestions according to help sections and still the problem persistsI upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account it was purchased on as it was several years ago. Everything has been fine for years. It's becoming a real headache. I'm not even sure if I can continue to use the user account I was using for years and a lot of my apps for

:)

Ben Nugent, Aug 16, 2022
  2. Terjesk Win User

upgrading mainboard and CPU

This question is probably asked before, but I cannot find it.

I want to upgrade the mainboard and CPU and wonder if I can activate the Windows 10, which I used with the old mainboard, on the new mainboard/CPU?

I should add that the the Windows 10 running on the old motherboard was a free upgrade from a retail Windows 7 Home Premium. I still have the original Win 7 DVD with the product key.

Terjesk, Aug 16, 2022
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

My GTX 980ti won`t let me upgrade to Windows 10?

Still says my Nvidia GTX 980Ti won`t work with Windows 10, so I can`t upgrade!!

RichardH754, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

1. Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account... - Similar Threads - Upgraded CPU mainboard

2. Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account: Hi, my machine Asus-Vivobookmodel - X1502ZAU asking me to enter the recovery key when i boot up. And i don't remember my microsoft accounteven my username/mail. But it shows the Recovery key ID. How can i solve this?...
  3. Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account: Hi, my machine Asus-Vivobookmodel - X1502ZAU asking me to enter the recovery key when i boot up. And i don't remember my microsoft accounteven my username/mail. But it shows the Recovery key ID. How can i solve this?...
  4. Recovery key - can't remember the microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...: Hi All.I need to speak to someone from Microsoft. I have exhausted all help options regarding this and just keep going on the same merry go around without ever actually getting to speak to support. I have tried all suggestions according to help sections and still the problem...
  6. Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded CPU and mainboard and windows won't activate. Can't remember key or email/account...: Hi All.I need to speak to someone from Microsoft. I have exhausted all help options regarding this and just keep going on the same merry go around without ever actually getting to speak to support. I have tried all suggestions according to help sections and still the problem...
  7. Windows 7 License activation with new mainboard/cpu/memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 License activation with new mainboard/cpu/memory: It's been awhile since I did a fresh install so I would appreciate any feedback with the task. I have a current W10 digital license linked to my MS account from the original W7 retail copy I bought and did the free upgrade to W10. I have the current W10 USB media downloaded...
  8. Swapping mainboards. Activation?

Swapping mainboards. Activation?: Hi, I'm getting a used mainboard that I need to test. I will put it temporarily in my PC, see if everything works, and then put the original mainboard back into the pc. Will this affect the Windows product activation? Right now, Windows is telling me that it is activated with...
  9. Booting windows on a new mainboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booting windows on a new mainboard and CPU: Hey guys, alright so I kinda upgraded my PC, that means new motherboard, RAM and CPU but kept my old HDD with my old windows 10 already on it. Now I'm trying to start windows, install the drivers and everything but when starting the PC I always get sucked into the BIOS setup...
  10. Windows 10 Pro activation failed - Recently changed mainboard+cpu

Windows 10 Pro activation failed - Recently changed mainboard+cpu: So my old mainboard which I bought 11 years ago and houses an AMD Phenom X2 CPU broke down last week, and since I can no longer find a cheap mainboard that supports that CPU, I decided to "upgrade" to a new mainboard and switch to Intel i3 cpu, at the same time installing new...