Windows 10: Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the...

Discus and support Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my CPU and motherboard from Intel to AMD and got my PC running fine. Windows lost its activation because registration is tied to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NathanHoover1, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the...

I upgraded my CPU and motherboard from Intel to AMD and got my PC running fine. Windows lost its activation because registration is tied to motherboards. I input my Windows 10 key and it was accepted and got rid of the activation notices, although it does think I have two PC's now. I really want to play Forza 7, but the Microsoft store is telling me it can't acquire the license, even though the game was installed and working before changing components. I'm getting error 0x803F9007. What do I need to do? I tried looking for a way to contact a service line, but all the websites lead in a circle, and the phone number just tells you to use the website when you call.

:)

NathanHoover1, Feb 15, 2021

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Alex40440 Win User
    Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft account I would be able to reactivate after a hardware change. I tried to reactivate but the troubleshooter
    kept giving me errors. Do I need to buy a new license or is there a way to fix the errors?

Alex40440, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the...

upgrading the motherboard and cpu and reactivating windows 10 (free upgrade)

Hi, i'm wondering if when I upgrade my motherboard and cpu if the windows 10 free upgrade will still work, or it doesn't how will I go about reactivating it?

LewisLumsden, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the...

1. Upgraded CPU and motherboard, reactivated my windows 10 license, can't play games I had the... - Similar Threads - Upgraded CPU motherboard

2. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  3. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...: Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on my PC. I have an OEM:DM type licence according to the script?...
  4. Will I need to reactivate my windows 10 licence if I upgrade my CPU motherboard and RAM on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  6. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I have recently upgraded my pc. the old motherboard and cpu went faulty and i put a second hand cpu and motherboard. Now have encountered a problem that my windows is activated not anymore and showing an error code 0xc004f213 saying there has been a hardware change. I have...
  7. Windows 10 reactivation after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 reactivation through digital license after motherboard upgrade: I recently installed a new motherboard for my computer as I needed to upgrade my CPU. I heard that if I linked my windows 10 license to my Microsoft account I would be able to reactivate after a hardware change. I tried to reactivate but the troubleshooter kept giving me...
  9. CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license

CPU + Motherboard Change, can't reactivate digital license: I changed my motherboard and CPU, and now Windows needs to be activated. My Activation tab in the system settings looks like this: [ATTACH] I am signed in with my Microsoft account. I click on troubleshoot and it shows the devices attached to my account. I select the device...
  10. If I upgrade my motherboard/CPU will my digital license be valid?

If I upgrade my motherboard/CPU will my digital license be valid?: Just as the title states, I'm going to upgrade my CPU/Motherboard. I'm wondering if my windows 10 pro digital license will be able to be transferred over? In case it matters, but I'm sure it doesn't, it will be from a core2quad to an i5 8th gen, I know MS had rules/issues...