Windows 10: Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Discus and support Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NenadVukanović, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Hi,

I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even though I didn't select it anywhere and it states that Windows is not activated. Also the product key is gone and I can't insert it again when clicking on "change product key", still get an error.

:)

NenadVukanović, Feb 19, 2020

2. How to activate Windows 10 Enterprise?

Windows 10 Enterprise edition is a volume license client and is usually a managed client operating system in large organizations where it is often deployed. You might want to consult your System/Network Administrator about availability.

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Enterprise off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home or Pro installation. Windows 10 Enterprise is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall
      the previous edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from should correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Enter the following:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Hit Enter

Copy and paste the results in a reply to this thread for further analysis.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as version enterprise, and cannot activate with code 0x803F7001

As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button.

Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it cannot be activated with the error code: 0x803F7001

I have no idea why the Enterprise version has been installed, as I was expecting the Pro version, I am also assuming this is why the activation is failing as the digital upgrade I purchased was for the Pro edition.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? All searching through the Microsoft documents pointed me at a US phone number (I'm UK based) or this help community.

Many thanks.

WilliamHoward7, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Windows 10 Enterprise architecture upgrade

The reality is, if its not licensed for Windows 10 Enterprise, it shouldn't be running it, activated or not. Also, extracting the product key will not work, since Windows 10 Enterprise keys are normally encrypted, so all you will get is a series of BBBB's.

If the computer originally came with a valid license for another edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8, you could install the corresponding edition of Windows 10 64 bit.

• The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro

If you are able to determine the correct edition your system was originally licensed for, then you could probably download and install the right edition of Windows 10.

Learn more:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/download-windows-10-free/

Andre Da Costa, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

1. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated - Similar Threads - Upgraded edition Home

2. Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,: Windows 10 home changed to enterprise edition and is now not activated,No help from Microsoft about this anywhere and not able to find any contact to help.How to resolve.Cannot find a way to speak to microsoft....
  3. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.: I did a fresh install of windows, bought a Home key and activated.The next day after changing some things to fix my mail app it said my windows was deactivated.I googled a bit and came across this post. I did what it said there but I didn't realise this was only for windows...
  4. Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro

Upgrade from Home Edition to Pro: Hello, I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro Edition. Once the upgrade process starts, it stalls after 10-14% and then I get message that says: "Windows Upgrade Failed Error Code: 0x800f0904 how can I get the upgrade process to complete and...
  5. Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...

Problem with activating Win 10 after upgrading from Home edition to Pro edition with a...: I have a HP laptop that I purchased 3 years ago that came with Win 10 Home, and only yesterday I wanted to update to Win 10 Pro to try new features in Windows for an entry tech certificate I'm currently studying, Since I'm on a tight budget, I purchased a Win 10 pro key...
  6. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  7. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition: Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise....
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...