Windows 10: Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device

Discus and support Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Long story short; am borrowing a computer, upgraded subscription to $13/m and still can't install properly - it's asking for an activation key or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by strab-bit, Dec 16, 2018.

1. strab-bit Win User

Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device

Long story short; am borrowing a computer, upgraded subscription to $13/m and still can't install properly - it's asking for an activation key or something. Anyone help? I need it working within 6 hrs....

:)

strab-bit, Dec 16, 2018

2. Dell XPS 13 9333 - Windows couldnt not complete the installation, to install windows on this computer, please restart the installation

According to Dell's official Windows 10 Creators Update page, the Dell xps 13 9333 is not listed as tested:

Dell computers tested for Windows 10 October 2018 Update and previous versions of Windows 10 | Dell Deutschland

You can try a manual upgraded as suggested in my previous reply using the ISO in addition to the 12 steps before upgrading.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 16, 2018
  3. AddRAM Win User
    win 10 upgrade asking for product key

Just try it through Windows update, you shouldn`t have any issues.

Excellent question Navy, that`s probabaly why. If not then, as suggested, just use the Media Creation Tool and choose upgrade this PC in Step 3.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device

Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device

1. Upgraded from $10 to $13 monthly and can't install on other device - Similar Threads - Upgraded $10 $13

2. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  3. device manager "other devices" drivers not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager "other devices" drivers not installing: I've tried completely uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer, and after I restarted the same issues came back up. Sometimes the "unknown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed" will fix itself and then come back, but the ones in "Other Devices" do...
  4. Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install

Driver installs but device shows Other Device and can't finish install: Problem: I'm able to install the driver and Device manager recognizes the device, but the final install step of connecting the device to the computer won't complete. What happens: I install the driver without the device attached (as instructed). The driver installs and...
  5. Booting from other devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from other devices: I want to know if you can use usb type-c to connect from working desktop to non-bootable laptop and boot the laptop from the desktop. If its possible, I want to know if I can boot from external drives connected to the desktop as well.Any...
  6. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  7. Windows 10 can't Add Bluetooth or other device

Windows 10 can't Add Bluetooth or other device: I want to connect and pair my bluetooth headset to my computer. But then realize that my computer can not Add Bluetooth or other device. [ATTACH] I can NOT pair with other device's bluetooth by that option, but I can pair my computer with other devices only with two ways:...
  8. Install Minecraft on other Device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install Minecraft on other Device: I have windows 10 edition minecraft on another computer but when I go to download minecraft windows 10 it doesnt show my device as one of the things to install it on. Ive tried to add my device as one of my devices but it doesnt let me. [Original Title: I need help]...
  9. Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers

Stop Windows 10 upgrades from installing generic device drivers: Hi When Windows 10 upgrades your existing installation, it will (without even asking you!) install generic "Microsoft" drivers which don't work properly. Every time I've upgraded Windows 10 (currently using 1903), I have to re-install the Broadcom Ethernet device driver,...
  10. Can't install other applications after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro

Can't install other applications after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro: Split from this thread. I upgraded windows 10 s to windows Pro, for i needed to install other applications, but after installing Windows Pro, the software will not allow me to install other applications,, so how do i disable the window 10 pro features, so i can install...