Windows 10: Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

Discus and support Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, a while back we received a notice that we could upgrade our Windows 7 to 10 free. This was done by my then techie....some 3 years ago. 2 of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SHIREEN1999, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

Hi, a while back we received a notice that we could upgrade our Windows 7 to 10 free. This was done by my then techie....some 3 years ago.

2 of the PCs now show that Windows requires activation. If I try using the key from the sticker on the PC tower Windows 7 it says it is invalid.

I have now been told that in fact this PC cannot use Windows 10......there is nothing wrong with the PC....so where do i go from here?

I thought of reinstalling Windows 7 but cannot find anywhere where I can get Windows 7 to re-install.

:)

SHIREEN1999, Jan 28, 2020

2. Activating Windows 10 after upgrade

Hi Varghese,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform that as you are using an Genuine Windows 7 in your system,
    Windows 10 will automatically be activated online and create a digital entitlement for your device.

If you still face issues with Activation after upgrading to Windows 10, suggest you to activate the Operating System through phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope the information is helpful. Do get back to us for any other assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jan 28, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate

1. Upgraded from 7 to 10 unable to activate - Similar Threads - Upgraded unable activate

2. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  3. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  4. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  5. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  6. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I'm trying to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 and I meet reqs it's been stuck at 30%for a while any tips? submitted by /u/Cewz1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ka0vfm/upgrade_from_7_to_10/
  7. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Using MediaCreationTool 1909 x64, I have been unable to successfully upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate computer to Windows 10. It goes through the process, acts like it going to reboot and then says "Windows upgrade has failed." I thought my issue was with Microsoft update and...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you! 144077
  9. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...
  10. Upgrade from windows 7 - Activation piece

Upgrade from windows 7 - Activation piece: Hello folks, I plan to upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Home premium. My Windows 7 installation got corrupted and gave constant BSOD that I could not really work. I tried system restore but as per Murphy's law, nothing is going smooth. I have been trying for 2 days and...