Windows 10: Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated

Discus and support Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey There, I have recently upgraded my machine from Home to Pro edition.. (Paid AUD$169 :O) and now my windows is showing a watermark at bottom-right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mansi#, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Mansi# Win User

Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated

Hey There,

I have recently upgraded my machine from Home to Pro edition.. (Paid AUD$169 :O) and now my windows is showing a watermark at bottom-right corner "Activate Windows"!! Why?!

My operating system is legit and I bought upgrade from the Microsoft store.

Looking forward for any help here!

Thanks in advance

Mansi

:)

Mansi#, Apr 4, 2019

2. deactivate to activate windows 10 pro

Hi Leslie,

It seems that you are referring to an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. Having said that, we suggest checking the article below on how to upgrade your brand new PC to Windows 10 Pro.

You can always hit us back if you have other questions in mind.

Best regards.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 4, 2019
  4. z3r010 Win User

MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgraded from Home to Pro and now my Windows is deactivated - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Pro

2. Windows upgrade from Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows upgrade from Home to Pro: I purchase a new PC with Windows 11 Home Edition. I am no longer going to be using Window 10 Pro on my old PC. Therefore, I am writing to ask please if I can transfer my Windows 10 Pro Licence to upgrade my Window 11 Home to Pro? I have tried using the Pro key in Windows 11...
  3. Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows Home to Pro: When I upgrade my Home version to Pro will i lose my apps and files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-home-to-pro/f2510494-8fd4-4328-a0a5-afa5de475b80
  4. upgrading windows from home to pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading windows from home to pro: Hello, i bought a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Global CD-KEY from this site https://www.vip-scdkey.com/ so i got a new laptop Dell g3 3500 that is have windows 10 home activated already in itso i was trying to upgrade my laptop windows home version to pro version with the Key...
  5. Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.

Windows upgraded to from Home to Enterprise, deactivated. Now is Pro.: I did a fresh install of windows, bought a Home key and activated.The next day after changing some things to fix my mail app it said my windows was deactivated.I googled a bit and came across this post. I did what it said there but I didn't realise this was only for windows...
  6. upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated

upgraded my cpu, now windows is deactivated: Hi all, I upgraded my cpu yesterday from a ryzen 1700 to a ryzen 5800, and now windows has deactivated itself. I've tried the troubleshooter but it doesn't work, saying that because my windows is on two different machines same pc, different cpu, my digital license is now...
  7. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated: I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support....
  8. upgrade from home to pro

upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  9. Windows upgrade from home to pro

Windows upgrade from home to pro: When I'm trying to upgrade my home edition to pro edition it's showing me error.[ATTACH] What should I do to solve this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-home-to-pro/c41157b8-a5f3-4b92-b54a-659d6ceca8b1
  10. Upgrade from home to pro

Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"