Windows 10: Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...

Discus and support Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Store. My original install was done when the upgrade from 7 to 10 was free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AfsheenNomai, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...

Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Store. My original install was done when the upgrade from 7 to 10 was free way back when. Today when using my computer I got a notification to activate Windows. When I go to the activation screen in settings I am told I have Windows 10 Enterprise and that I need to provide a product key: Error Code 0xC004F213. I purchased a digital license because that's what I was told to do since I did the free upgrade, so I don't have a product key. Microsoft support has been calling me but there's nobody there when I answer the phone. How do I solve this problem?

:)

AfsheenNomai, Aug 6, 2019
  2. wetenhr Win User

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hi, very interested in this opportunity simply to downgrade without having to reinstall.

Background - I got to Win 10 Enterprise when Win 10 was first released; at that time I think I was offered only Home or Enterprise, so selected Enterprise as my upgrade route from Win 7 Ultimate.

From there the Windows authentication process led to the digital signature being installed in my machine.

So I don't have a Win 10 Pro key to use in order to downgrade my setup. I only have my older Win 7 Pro and Win 7 Ultimate licenses available to me.

Can I use one or other of these as the key for a downgrade?

[Background - the reason I want to downgrade is due to problems upgrading to Creators Edition with Enterprise. Microsoft have suggested I reinstall, which I think will mean I need to go back to Win 7 Pro and build forward from there. If it's possible instead to just do a downgrade from Enterprise I'd rather go that way. I think I'm fine from an edition point of view; currently on 1607 and trying to go to 1703.]

wetenhr, Aug 6, 2019
  3. PB1976 Win User
    Windows 10 Enterprise, instead of PRO

Hi There,

I selected Windows 10 Pro in the menu from a USB created clean installation, but once installed, the info screen says that Windows 10 Enterprise is installed instead. I have a valid w10 pro key, can I enter that?

PB1976, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro

Hey mate, Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I... :)

In this case, the Installed key in ShowKeyPlus is for the currently installed Windows 10 Enterprise.

The OEM Key in ShowKeyPlus is just the key embedded in the UEFI firmware chip on the motherboard for the OEM Windows 8.1 that originally came preinstalled on the tablet.

downgrade win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I...

1. Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I... - Similar Threads - Upgraded Home Pro

2. I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought an upgrade From windows 10 Home to Pro and It installed Enterprise: Hello I bought an upgrade from my Windows home to Windows Pro via the Microsoft Store, and I chose Windows 10/11 ProNow it says I have a non activated Windows 10 Enterprise Windows reported that no product key was found on your deviceWhich I dont understand as I bought an...
  3. Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 10 Pro to Enterprise: I have a Win 10 Enterprise Key. How to upgrade from Win 10 Pro?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-10-pro-to-enterprise/678ed6cb-4ba7-4e71-9532-002d4c3d9530
  4. Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Pro after Win 10 Install which installed Home: After buying a full-price purple box WIndows 10 Pro Full Version and installing from USB 3.0 KEY it installed Win 10 Home without asking for a Product Key. I have a Product Key card indicating it is a "Windows 10 Pro Product Key". If I go to activation and use Switch...
  5. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  6. I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded to windows 10 pro from unactivated home, but instead ended up with enterprise,...: I bought a key and proceeded to upgrade but I just ended up with enterprise, what do I do? I can't seem to find any support anything submitted by /u/thatfakeyeezyhustle [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  8. Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition

Upgraded Home to Pro, but Windows instead installed Enterprise Edition: Is there a way to fix this and have it switch to the correct edition? I got it through the app built into Windows 10 too and I don't know why it decided to switch to enterprise....
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  10. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to windows 10 pro and it installed enterprise unlicensed

2. win 10 pro key but got enterprise

3. windows enterprise installed instead of windows pro

4. purchased win 10 pro but won 10 enterprise installed,
  5. i ordered win 10 pro but win 10 enterprise installed,
  6. windows enterprise reinstall instead of pro,
  7. upgraded to pro but it says enterprise installed