Windows 10: Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

Discus and support Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D. Mead, Mar 30, 2023.

1. D. Mead Win User

Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this modem without issue. I'm sending this question with my laptop and the issue is with an old desktop. My frustration level is at 12...Any help is greatly appreciated!Error message: "Wi-FI" doesn't have a valid IP configurationSystem: Gateway DX4860Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz-Press Windows key + X-Go to Settin

:)

D. Mead, Mar 30, 2023

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Mar 30, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Mar 30, 2023
  4. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet - Similar Threads - Upgraded Window Window

2. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  3. Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded from Window 7 to Window 10 and cannot connect to the internet: I downloaded Windows 10 via the internet and that was the last time I was able to connect through my Wi-Fi. I've researched this issue and have done everything below MULTIPLE times, along with restarting my modem. I have multiple other computers and devices connect to this...
  4. windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet: My windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet but the internet works. I tried completely shutting down the computer and reseting the modem several times, but it didn't work. Other computers work with internet, but the windows 7 computer won't connect anymore. Is there...
  5. windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet: My windows 7 computer cannot connect to internet but the internet works. I tried completely shutting down the computer and reseting the modem several times, but it didn't work. Other computers work with internet, but the windows 7 computer won't connect anymore. Is there...
  6. Windows 7 Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Cannot Upgrade to Windows 10: So, I'm currently trying to upgrade an HP Pavilion a1520n, Windows 7 Home 32-bit, to Windows 10 Home 32-bit. However, it's proven to be quite stubborn, as I keep getting a bluescreen which is:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when I try through USB, waiting it out, while the Windows 10...
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, Now can't connect to Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded to Windows 10 from Win 7, Now can't connect to Internet: [ATTACH] So I updated finally, but Now I can't connect to the internet on my normal modem. I've tried several different things, everything from as simple as resetting the Comp and Router, to Flushing the DSN(?) and resetting the IP through Comp commands. Nothing seems to...
  8. No Internet (Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet (Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10): I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now the wifi that I try to connect to says "No Internet, secured". Ever since Windows 10 was finished installing (which was this morning) my wifi will not work on this computer (it's fine on the other computers and phones...
  9. Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to windows 10 share from Windows 7 !?: Have a NET SHARE W$=W:\ on Windows 10 Have a NET USE w: L: \\win10pc\w$ on Windows 7 Used to be able to connect and save my backups there etc. This morning, I get status: Unavailable in Windows 7 as reported by NET USE same for all my other shares between the two. Both...
  10. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!: Hey all, I'm new to the forums and came across here as I was searching for a fix for my issue I am having. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10, which I have done before on this machine but had to format my SSD and reinstall Win7. Now since doing that for the past 3-4...